Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Cammo Christ

I'll probably have something on the debate a bit later. For now, I can't resist mentioning an item seen yesterday in the bookstore: Borders is selling an edition of the New International Version of the Bible with -- I kid you not -- a cammo cover. It's the Special Ops edition -- perfect for someone who wants to do a little reading while setting up sniper teams or wiring up C4 packets behind enemy lines.

If I worked for Zondervan, I'd follow up that beauty with the NASCAR edition, the Great American Lagers edition, and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders edition.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That version of the Bible is for American troops, primarily those that are or will be deployed.

RedDragon said...

It figures!

Perry Logan said...

I once read that the Bible has inspired far more acts of lunacy, mayhem, murder, and degeneracy than any other book in human history. Camoflage is a good first step. But clearly, this book needs to be banned.