Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Hi. This is Wallace, guest-blogging again for the holidays. I thought I would share with you some more little-known American Christmas traditions...

First, let us recall the reason for the season...

This is the Jesus that our beloved Vice President keeps atop his tree.

Jesus comforts JFK.

The life of Christ in Christmas lights, as seen annually in the town of Blue Springs, Missouri.

The grand finale. And that's why we call Missouri the "Show Me" state.

I think they look like GI Joe dolls.

"Help! I'm drowning!"
Mary Magdalene is so popular these days, she had to get into the Christmas ornament biz. This example is a little too tasteful...
That's more like it!

A great stocking stuffer.
To keep the spirit of Christmas all year round, try this Nativity scene kitchen timer.

Surprisingly, I have yet to see an inflatable nativity scene on anyone's lawn. Joseph kind of looks like Paul Bunyan, doesn't he?

Their heads bobble. Spiffy!

The "Santa manger" scene continues to be extremely popular. I'm not sure I like the look on this Santa's face, though.

I have many Santa/manger scenes in my collection. This one seems particularly surreal. I think it's the eyeglasses.

Mom and Dad are gone. They left the kid with a babysitter.

It wouldn't be Christmas without the troll nativity.

Santa and baby Jesus. It's an American obsession, I tell ya...

But what do we really know about Santa?

"Hi, little girl. What are you wearing?"

Just in time for the new Indiana Jones flick...




Under the new FISA legislation, no warrant is needed.

And now let's look at some notable Christmas trees...

From the Thomas Kinkaide collection. He's a great artist. He could draw people really well if he wanted to. He just doesn't want to.

The White House Christmas tree.

Beer cans!
Let's combine Christmas and Easter into one big holiday called Creester.


What's this...?
Oh no!

OH NO!!

Well, that's my collection for this year. I'd wish you "Happy Holidays," but Bill O'Reilly might beat me up.

2 comments:

Hyperman said...

Thanks Wallace for sharing those with us !

The Santa / manger stuff is simply amazing. The mix of a character invented by Coca Cola for their advertising and christianity is uniquely American I guess...

Anonymous said...

Saint Nicholas=Satan Nicholas
brought to you by Lucifer the Prince of Darkness to convert (subvert) Christianity into a mercantile religion.