Tuesday, August 02, 2016

"I always wanted a purple heart"

Quoth Donald Trump: "I always wanted a Purple Heart." Anyone who says those words must not know what the Purple Heart is awarded for.

If he really wanted one, he could have done what my father did at the age of 17: He interrupted his college career to JOIN THE ARMY. (Yes, Dad was already halfway to his first degree by that point.)

Trump didn't know what the nuclear triad is, and he doesn't know what the Purple Heart is. He also doesn't know very much about the English language: "Trump blasts New York Times: ‘They don’t write good’"

Trump don't think good.

Seriously, this is freaking me out. Soon after he revolts fellow Republicans by insulting the parents of a fallen hero, Trump had the gall to tell a crowd "I always wanted a Purple Heart." Can you imagine how conservatives would have reacted if Barack Obama, Bill Clinton or Hillary Clinton had said those exact words?

7 comments:

OldCoastie said...

I live in a fairly red county and my neighbors seem to be deep, dark red. I can only find one couple next door that will vote for Trump (and even they seem embarrassed). Everyone else is disgusted.

There isn't a yard sign, a bumper sticker - nothing. It is as if he doesn't exist. I'm trying to figure out if he can steal the election, but Hillary's tied in Georgia and giving him a run for his money in states like AZ and TX.

He has no staff, no money... he doesn't have the resources to commit country wide fraud.

I'm nervous too but I can't find a way for Trump to win.

Anonymous said...

I am nervous about the voting machines. What's the difference between voting for trump and self mutilation,cutting or any other self hating practices?

stickler said...

If Trump would bend over, I would consider giving him my Bronze Star from Vietnam. He could admire it when he wears his asshat.

OTE admin said...

If the voting machines were rigged, the GOP would have nothing to do with it.

They abandoned the presidential race months ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if HRC wins like FDR did over Landon. And HRC isn't an incumbent, which would make such a massive landslide practically unique.

Unknown said...

He is living in a delusional universe. He asked why he couldn't use nuclear weapons.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/scarborough-trump-nukes_us_57a1e47ae4b0693164c347d0?section=us_politics

Joseph Cannon said...

Yeah, I saw that, Paul. I'm trying to identify Scarborough's source.

Caro said...

He don't talk good, either.