Thursday, January 24, 2008

Election integrity -- and other notes.

A busy day it has been and will be. I'm helping a friend deal with the bureaucracy before undergoing a medical procedure. But I may have time, right now, for a few words.

New Hampshire: Today's must-read story is Brad Friedman's update on the NH recount. Despite the crap you may have read on Kos and other sites, the discrepancies discovered thus far are significant -- between 4% and 10%. Unfortunately, we don't yet know if a full, state-wide hand recount will yet be accomplished.

Only one site: Only one site is giving this story full and accurate coverage -- BradBlog. I realize that you are probably tapped out after the holidays, but if you ever wanted to donate to this blog, or to any blog doing good work -- toss a few coins Brad's way. The guy could surely use it, and he's running a small-time operation which is running circles around the New York Times on the election integrity front.

Is there a more important story...?

Kill the Messenger: The Sibel Edmonds movie is online. I don't know if it is there legally, but I will presume so. And here it is.

McCain v. Romney: Which one should Democrats prefer as the opposition?

McCain's a hard man to hate on a visceral level, but his ties to the current unloved administration go deep, and he's an Iraq war die-hard. Romney is like the CDer in a chat room who thinks he can get away with pretending to be a real girl: As far as he's concerned, he'll be whatever he thinks you want him to be. Will the American people be hip enough to see through his post-convention pose?

Back soon, I hope...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Romney is like the CDer in a chat room..."

Compact Disc?
Certificate of Deposit?
Civil Defense?
OH! Controlled Demolition?

Whassamatter Joe? Cancha take a joke?

Anonymous said...

McCain hard to hate on a visceral level? His offhanded warmongering attitude makes him easier to despise than the more polished Romney, war hero or not. As for Giuliani, the Zionist racists surrounding his campaign seem to fit, in a morose way of course, Rudy being from NYC.

Anonymous said...

I think Romney would be a better candidate for the Democrats to run against and beat. McCain has some kind of voodoo attraction for the independents, it seems. However, almost the entirety of the right talk radio HATES McCain (Michael Medved the exception, according to one account I've seen), so perhaps what he'd pick up on the independent side he'd lose on the right side of the GOP's voters.

My current fear is that the HRC/BHO dustup may fracture the Democrats on election day, and a third party bid by Bloomberg might sneak through and win the day.

...sofla

Anonymous said...

I'll have to pass the YouTube link before it gets pulled, if it gets pulled. I've been making certain that my military contractor friends in intelligence analyst jobs are at least aware of the Sibel Edmonds story. I find it astonishing that none even knew who she was until I brought up The Sunday Times article earlier this month. Maybe that shouldn't surprise me. About this time last year I had to explain to one of my Air Force intelligence friends who Valerie Plame and Patrick Fitzgerald were. Talk about living in a bubble.

Anonymous said...

Name this tune:

Bomb Bomb Bomb
Bomb Iraaaan...

Not so hard to hate. Not at all.
Kim in PA