Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Smear

The post below, on the coke jet mystery, achieved some attention via Buzzflash -- for which I am grateful. But if you look at the comments on the Buzzflash.net site, you will see that someone out there has decided to fight back by spreading lies about me:
So, what we have here is three things that are hard to believe as written by Joseph Cannon:

1. The truth movement is run by Bush and Co. as is stated in the above comment, and

2. Khashoggi is connected to former Nazis, the Bilderberg Group, Japanese Yakuza, and President Marcos of the Philippines, famous as a dictator from 1960 to 1982.

3. As if that weren’t enough, evidence from an investigation into the death of Princess Diana indicates that Dodi Al Fayed was the nephew of none other than Adnan Khashoggi.
So, if you vouch for it then that means the secret society stuff that goes back to Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church, (and the Church of England) and Oh, shit. Nevermind.
Now, anyone can use this blog's search function to verify that I have never mentioned the Bilderberg group in ANY context. I simply have no interest in it. I certainly have never linked Adnan Khashoggi to it.

Similarly, I have never linked Khashoggi to the Yakuza, to Diana, or to Marcos, or to any neo-Nazi organization. I know of no such connections. (Maybe you do, dear reader, but I don't.)

Those who are familiar with my work must admit I have always ridiculed conspiracy theories involving secret societies. I am especially contemptuous of Dan Brown-ish theories involving covert organizations that go "back to Jesus Christ." No such organization exists. I think that the folks who believe otherwise are oddballs.

Someone -- or some group -- is trying to smear me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah- it does appear that certain people do not want this story taken seriously-and will run interference with smear tactics.
I was speaking with someone in the know about the Hopsicker story--they said they were surprised that he was getting this much out.
Welcome to the War on Truth!

Joseph Cannon said...

Just now, I rejected a comment from a reader who claimed to be a member of the Illuminati -- which,he assured me, was real. This esteemed and powerful Illuminus promised to let me into his little group if I converted to the Tranny Gospel. His closing words: "We'll be in touch."

I guess I'm not being smeared, after all. I'm just dealing with readers who are about one patty short of a Big Mac.

Anonymous said...

This fontleroy fellow who posted that crap - something tells me I've seen that poster's handle before -- a LOT. I just can't put my finger on it...

He appearantly went to your site, clicked on one of the links over which you have no control, then proceeded to try to smear you by implying the content found at that linked site is something you endorse... Pretty bizzare logic, if you can call it that.

Joseph Cannon said...

Well, obviously, I can't be held responsible for every link on a page I link to. Hell, I don't even endorse some of the Buzzflash headlines you see to your right.

Anonymous said...

3. As if that weren’t enough, evidence from an investigation into the death of Princess Diana indicates that Dodi Al Fayed was the nephew of none other than Adnan Khashoggi.
----
That's just a fact, its not really an investigation, and it really doesn't mean anything. What a strange smear attempted...more non sequitor than ad hominem.