Friday, September 28, 2007

We note Newt

Quotations from Newt Ginrich, courtesy of a friend tothis blog (yes, it stillhas a few left):
On African-American voters: "No group in America has been served worse by government than the African-American community."

On Republican consultants: "Let me be clear. I think Republican consultants are mostly very stupid. I think they have no education. I think they have no sense of history."

On Republican tactics: "If I throw away African Americans, and then I throw away Latinos, and then I throw away suburban women, and then I throw away people under 40, and then I throw away everything north of Philadelphia -- there's a morning where Republicans can't get to a majority."
I cannot agree with Newt on the stupidity of Republican consultants. Until recently, the GOP controlled all branches of government, even though the public disagreed with their platform on many issues.

For the rest -- I think Newt has given us a foretaste of upcoming Republican strategy, which is why I reprint his words here. Forewarned is forearmed, says I. Shamefully, neither party has ever placed a person of color on a national ticket. The GOP should not be the first.

No comments: