Friday, June 15, 2007

Would you trust testimony from this woman? (UPDATE: Should this become a police matter?)

Arguably, I shouldn't publish this communication, but I found it queasily entertaining, and you may as well. If you don't care to hear another word from Leola McConnell, the Vegas-based Femme Domme who claims she saw George Bush have gay sex, simply skim to the next post. I mention the matter only because there are still people out there who feel that her testimony may have some credibility.

The following piece of hate mail may not make much sense if you have not read my earlier piece, which details what occurred when Leola asked me to do a paid design gig for her. Her own words, published below, should give a very full accounting of her mental state:
I'll forward 'all' your emails to me to every other website you're linked up to over the next week, I save 'everything' people email me. They'll see you for what you are and what little traffic you have will dry up. you contacted me, you piece of worthless excrement--I don't know you from adam piss ant. trying to buy an interview and thinking you could justify it with clever verbiage. you know how many scumbag internet hustlers like you trying to hustle me for the details to make themselves into lil asswipe matt drudge I get per week, more than I can count. Get in line, slimeball--sending me your number like I'd want to talk to a piece of shit telling me about his stupid ass girlfriend problems -- looks like she caught your sorry ass in the act.. Ok, let's see what your blog buddies think of all your emails to me when they read them--my emails was jokes that went over your stupid ass head. I thought you had half a brain. they're littered with :-) that's my version of a smiley face, ya maggot. you're a piece of shit to me, period. That's all you'd ever be to me, a piece of human excrement (your silly ass live in fuck dummy girlfriend as well) --tell her to go find a real man, ya fucking sub. she missed the boat with your sorry wimp ass. Leola McConnell
Obviously, any woman who expresses herself in such a disjointed, over-the-top fashion cannot do me any harm. I doubt that the readers need to hear any explanations, but perhaps it would be best to make a few things clear:

I have no idea why this woman fixates on my ladyfriend, whom I mentioned but once, purely en passant. Leola seems to have constructed a bizarre and elaborate hallucination around her. I give out my phone number to all clients and potential clients, for obvious reasons. I have never attempted to purchase an interview from anyone. This blog is not a business. I eschew paid ads (except for the Adsense offerings, which bring in a tiny amount) and I do nothing to increase readership -- for example, I routinely turn down radio interview requests. Nothing I have ever written to Leola or to any other client was unprofessional or embarrassing, and I will happily show my correspondence with her to anyone who requests it.

Her own text marks her as a disturbed woman who lives in a fantasy world. Why, I wonder, do her delusions focus on George Bush and William Bennett?

UPDATE: This is starting to get downright creepy. Here's what I received in my inbox today:
I'm mentally ill--like your mouth that shit you out ya think?

Let's see you explain your way out--what happen you lil fuck dummy got mad you spending all the time on a drawing of a real woman, or did you try to get her to play the Domina. All you piss ant fucker do something stupid like after talking to me and playing in fantasy of being my sub.

Ok, weasel, brace for impact. Here's where I drop the fucking world on you and your shit blog. I walk on the president of the republic and what does he do--go get drunk cause he knows I'm in control as always, not him. He's piece of complete shit to me, what could lil joey possibly be. Now you're going to wish you had got the jokes, piss ant. you wanted to play in S&M with moi, ok, slick, lets play.

Tell you fuck dummy I said she should piss in your worthless mouth before she runs off with your buddy, whose she's probably screwing blind (blowjobs provided separately) as we cyber. kiss, kiss. Leola McConnell
These schizy ravings have begun to scare my ladyfriend. (I really did mention her only once and only in passing; I had no idea that Leola would construct an elaborate fantasy around her.) Perhaps my friends who read this blog can offer some advice: At what point should I make this a police matter? Would a restraining order be a good idea?

13 comments:

DrewL said...

There are some seriously mentally ill people in this world. I think you've found one of them, Joseph. Creepy.

Anonymous said...

I imagine she's quite good at her work.

Hyperman said...

Maybe she's a MK Ultra programmed sex bot (specialized in entertaining the few hetero at the Bohemian grove) and her program is buggy ? :)

Just asking to have yourself illustrated as a super-hero is a good sign of some mental problems (megalomania + narcissism). Like Bush who pretends to be a fighter pilot (or a flying monkey)...

Anonymous said...

Well, her rant against you sounds like a parody of what a real domina would say to a client, "the little worm."

Since I'm feeling optimistic tonight, I'm inclined to think that she probably went over the edge after her night with Chimp and his bottom. I think the Bush family simply drives people mad. You get too close, you're gone.

Witness Condi. Smart woman, impressive personal and professional accomplishments. Then she ties her fate to Bush Sr. Now look at her: a serial liar and probably delusional.

You brushed up against madness, Joe. Pure and simple. WenG

Anonymous said...

unless she happens to live relatively close, I wouldn't worry about it. She's quite obviously mentally ill, but the chances of her acting anything out over a distance would be slim.

allan said...

Much of her rantings are so incoherent they seem like they were created by a random word generator (albeit with a very limited vocabulary).

This sentence gave me a chuckle:

"Ok, weasel, brace for impact."

I may start using it in my own conversations.

Anonymous said...

No jokes here. Just real advice.
I've experienced this and it can get serious at a moments notice.
First, I would put this in the "duly noted" file and no longer post the angry emails. You could end up in a law suit. Then, write her one -and only one- email back. Swallow your pride. Be polite. Be clear and concise. Ask her to cease and desist. Next, call the non-emergency number of her local police department. They are not in the business of preventing crimes (contrary to popular belief) but you have something on record - if or when she starts trespassing or vandalizing or worse. I would also keep a detailed record of every phone call, email or other contact. It sounds silly but this could quickly spin out of control if your not careful. This IS mental illness and should be treated seriously. Especially if you have children (DON'T ANSWER THIS!). I would refrain from mentioning her again. She is feeding off the energy and attention. Your blog is fantastic. Just discovered it a few days ago. Keep up the good word!

Joseph Cannon said...

bono, I am going to take your advice. All of it. I did feel I had to give the matter some sort of public airing, because I know that some folks out there still take her claims about Bush seriously.

Thanks much.

DrewL said...

Wow. Nothing quite like the incoherent ramblings of a madwoman. Was this person ever educated beyond the first grade? What an illiterate mess. And she's apparently writing a book? Ooooo-kay. Whatever.

Just keep documenting her inane threats. You'll have a nice library of evidence for any action you may choose to take.

Anonymous said...

Well, plainly she's looking for love.

Anonymous said...

She's either on the edge of psychosis or wants you to think that she is. My bullshit meter keeps going off her, but I'm not sure why.

Kim in PA

Anonymous said...

While I think you've been offered solid advice by other posters, Joseph, I'll add that the "communication" you have from this psychopath so far is probably enough documentation for any legal action you deem necessary to take here. I wouldn't be eager to collect any more of it. I'd block her e-mails and block or avoid her phone calls. Be wary about your safety in any way you feel appropriate, of course, but don't, don't, DON'T give her anything else with which to "fuel" her rage. And trust me, for these types, it only takes this much.

Anonymous said...

Oh, also--to anyone who has or thinks s/he's had an encounter with a dangerous person, please read Gavin DeBecker's "The Gift of Fear," which I may have recommended on this board before. If only I'd found that book before I met my stalker ex-boyfriend...