Sunday, February 11, 2007

ANS-wers

Anna Nicole's end was as I suspected. At least the conspiracy theories should now cease.

Alas, some folks felt obligated to come up with a conspiracy theory of the bombshell's death -- not because the evidence so warranted, but because custom has its demands. What does this now-inescapable post-mortem rite say about our culture?

Even when sober, ANS may not have had many brain cells -- but she possessed what seemed to be a good heart, and she did much to help animals, a cause I favor. And she really was quite beautiful. Why did she hate herself?

I know first-hand what it is like to try to save a woman bent on that kind of self-destruction. Such women are infuriating. And haunting. And just...sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could see her dying of a broken heart. Some people have them all their lives. But especially with the death of her son last year. Her mom doesn't seem normal but I may be speaking to hastily. I'm willing to bet her mother was dreadfully cold to her.