Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Knock knock



Oddly enough, I've never had a Mormon come to my door. JWs, yes, but never Mormons. Mormonism is one of the two religions whose adherents really bamboozle me. Granted, all religion is a bit nutty, but -- for whatever reason -- the Mormons and the Scientologists fill me with a special form of despair that I do not associate with the adherents of other faiths.

How did L. Ron Hubbard and Joe Smith acquire such fervent followers even after they pretty much announced to the world that they were con artists? I would not be surprised to learn that those two guys wore t-shirts with the word GRIFTER printed on the front in huge letters.

At any rate, this video is pretty funny. All praise be unto the mighty Zontar.

(Now, if you are one of the Three Nephites, feel free to show up at my place, even before noon on a Saturday.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

About good ole' Joseph Smith--ever been to exmormon.org? Its author posits the thesis that Mormonism is actually a well-organized cult, one from which it is brutally difficult to escape. Having been friends with more than one Mormon and consequently, having seen the impressive "hold" the promoters of the "faith" have on especially those born into their clutches, I buy it. And that site is heartbreaking.

Anonymous said...

As a non-native Utard, I would like to point out one good aspect about the LDS religion. They dig their graves 10-12 feet deep and then bury 3 or 4 people in one grave.
Why? because deep down, they are all good people.