Saturday, November 18, 2006

41 explains things to 43

Personally, I think this whole "Poppy takes over" meme is way overblown. Still, I got a great kick out of this hypothetical dialogue by a D.U. poster named Cooley Hurd:
41: "Son, you're ruining the dynasty me and your grandads worked so hard to create. So, there's gonna be some changes."

43: "Ain't gonna listen to ya! Ah'm the Prezdent now!"

41: "Listen up, boy! (smacks Junior's head) First off, Rummy's a goner."

43: "Ah, that's okay -- ah didn't like his beady-little-eyes anyway. Reminds me of YOU!"

41: "Shaddup! (smacks Junior's head) Next, Rove's out! Done! Finito!"

43: "NO! Rove's mah buddy! Mah pal!"

41: "Son, do you remember what I did to JFK?"

43: "KARL! Git in here! You're FIRED!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is some "cross - blogination" that may interest you. From AmericaBlog:
-----------------
For all the focus on the Democrats, a former Bush official who predicts a coming bloodbath between the White House and disgruntled conservative Republicans brushed off the Pelosi-Hoyer tussle as much ado about process.

"The Democrats are the sideshow," he said. "Bush self-destructing is the big story in town."

The reporters, Tom DeFrank and Ken Bazinet, always have very, very good inside GOP sources.
---------------------

This has the ring of truth to it. the images of a president's father, himself a president, taking the reigns of leadersihp are fun to contemplate. Better yet, the behind the scenes speculation is even better. Reports that Baker excoriated W and told him "everybody in the world hates you" are positively sublime.

I can't wait. It's an appropriate gift to us during the Commercial Gift Giving Interlude.

Keep up the great work.

Michael Collins

notjonathon said...

JFK--I thought that was Lynton. As my father said to me the day LBJ was chosen to be JFK's Veep candidate, "If I were Jack Kennedy, I wouldn't walk down a flight of stairs in front of Lyndon Johnson."