Sunday, October 29, 2006

George Allen is a fountain

Wanna make $250? Democrats.com is offering that much to anyone who can tell a true tale of Senator George Allen spitting on women. Y'see, Allen has been making a stink about the attitude toward the fairer sex (is that term still permitted?) in the novels of his opponent, Jim Webb. So the time has come to shine a light on Allen's own misogyny:
He stopped and looked straight at me. He had to look down at me, because he stood so tall in those cowboy boots. I thought I spotted a twinkle in his eye, and for a moment, I suspected he might give a humorous, light-hearted answer. Then he leaned forward and looked all the way down at the pavement. I figured he was planning a perfectly crafted answer to my question. I put pen to paper, ready to take it down. His lips puckered as if he might speak.

Then, the Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia gathered up a glob of tobacco-laced saliva. He used his lips to squirt it out, as if he had practiced. The spit landed just at the tip of my shoe. He grinned, but didn't say a word. Then he walked into the building.
That was from a female reporter in Virginia. This tale comes from Jimmy Carter's gradndaughter, Sarah:
My husband’s family lives in Virginia. Several years ago, his little sister went with a friend to a parade where George Allen was making an appearance, and her friend’s Mom got a chance to speak to Allen. While they were talking, he was chewing tobacco. He spit on the ground and a fleck of brown spittle landed on my sister-in-law’s shoe. She was horrified.

So now you know: George Allen spits on little girls.
Maybe that's the big secret in those sealed divorce papers. Lovers' spat.

(Sorry for the irregular posting. Sick friend.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

George Allen's sister in her book "The Fifth Quarter" comments on George's bullying tactics. Someone should perhaps talk to her about the divorce info. Huff Post has a piece detailing above....
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/08/16/gop-senator-george-allen_n_27382.html