Tuesday, July 18, 2006

"If I...were king...of the foRRRRRest..."

Bush gives German Chancellor Angela Merkel an unwanted backrub. I know you may have seen this photo sequence elsewhere, but I still cannot believe my eyes. Gore Vidal once called a Nixon appointee the greatest natural clown "since the late Bert Lahr," but I think our current leader is the true heir to the Lahr tradition.

What a face! He looks like a scrambled egg that hasn't yet congealed in the pan.

When the administration began, W looked clownish only in the occasional shot. Now, virtually every new Bush photo conjures up memories of calliope music and poodles jumping through hoops and Emmett Kelly sweeping up the spotlight.

This is the clown funding a country using white phosphorus weapons in Lebanon. Wowie kazowey, Butchie-boy -- how did they fit the entire valley of Megiddo in the center ring?

5 comments:

Peter of Lone Tree said...

"This is the clown funding a country using white phosphorus weapons in Lebanon."

Napalm by any other name is still napalm.

Anonymous said...

You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy.

Once a clod - always a clod...

Anonymous said...

I thought about this all day and it never failed to make me cackle with vaguely uneasy laughter. W...T...F?

Anonymous said...

What an utter embarassment this strange man is. Between the Merkel manhandling and the slobber-chomping, shit-slinging display of yesterday, this guy is a complete dork!

I just shake my head in wonder...

Anonymous said...

"like a scrambled egg that hasn't yet
congealed"

Brilliant! He knows 9/11 Truth is
coming. That's why he's coming
unglued. It was a big gamble, and
he won for a while.