Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The salvation of France is on my shoulders

I've been pondering a career change. What would it take to set myself up in the evangelist/missionary business?

Here's the deal: France is, for the most part, a post-Christian nation. Which means it shouldn't be too hard to convince our red-state brethren to fund a brave missionary who wants to spread the Word of the Lord on the streets of Paris. Otherwise, those poor people could all end up in hell.

And I'll be as good as my word. No deception here. I really will stand on a street corner in Paris and pass out pamphlets telling sinners the Good News about Our Lord. If need be, I'll wear a pastel suit. And my lady will dye her hair blonde and wear too much eye make-up.

I figure the job should last, what, maybe a couple of hours.

Afterwards, I'll have the afternoon free to check out the Louvre, which I've been dying to see. And then there's the next day. And the next. If you know of any not-to-be-missed restaurants, by all means pass along your recommendations.

Here's what I'm wondering: Under what circumstances would it be legal for me to ask for donations? The salvation of French souls is an important task-- and I'm just the man for the job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the things I like about you, Joseph--sometimes you are just off the wall inspired.

If you find an organization that will sponsor you and your lady's proselytizing, let me know. My wife and I have never seen Paris either.