Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Just five points away

According to a new CBS poll, Bush's approval rating has gone down to 35%. And here, I thought he'd never sink past the 39% barrier.

His disapproval number is 57%. In November of 1973 (ah, I recall that time well: If memory serves, I was still trying to sneak into The Exorcist), Nixon's disapproval number was 63%.

Will Nixon lose his title as the president with the most impressive hatred quotient? I hope so. Strange and corrupt as that man was, he was a more capable politician than the current wretch could ever hope to be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still look, with great hope, to the prediction made by Gore Vidal, that George W. Bush would leave office the most hated president in history.

Anonymous said...

Also, didn't I just read somewhere that Cheney's approval rating is all the way down to 19%? Despite what naysayers are claiming, the end IS near.

Anonymous said...

If Nixon were running for president today, he would be seen as a "liberal" candidate, and he would probably win. He was a crook and a bungler, but what the hell? Nixon was a barrel of laughs compared to this gang of thugs from the Halliburton petroleum organization who are running the White House today.... I despised everything he stood for -- but if he were running for president this year against the evil Bush-Cheney gang, I would happily vote for him.

Hunter S. Thompson

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/_/id/6562575?rnd=1099009920793&has-player=true

Anonymous said...

Nixon shat bushit everday of his career.
I to hated Nixon but bushit has taught me that there are things worse than hate.