Saturday, November 12, 2005

Hoaxworld: The next terror attack.

Capitol Hill Blue -- not everyone's first idea of a trustworthy source -- says that the G.O.P. is circulating a memo offering W advice on how to reverse his political fortunes.
The closely-guarded memo lays out a list of scenarios to bring the Republican party back from the political brink, including a devastating attack by terrorists that could "validate" the President's war on terror and allow Bush to "unite the country" in a "time of national shock and sorrow."

The memo says such a reversal in the President's fortunes could keep the party from losing control of Congress in the 2006 midterm elections.
Most readers of this column will presume that any such attack would be a hoax perpetrated by pro-Bush forces.

Of course, many will also presume that Capitol Hill Blue has perpetrated a hoax.

Welcome to Hoaxworld. We have a wide variety of realities on display. If you don't see the reality of your choice, please contact a sales associate. We may have that reality in our stockroom. Or we can order a custom reality tailored to your specifications.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, there. Um, I'm looking for this reality my friend told me you guys might have here. It involves not getting a headache everytime I look at anything called the news. Can you help me find that one? Yeah, I've tried the blogs. No improvement. Yeah, I know. Could you at least check in the back? Please? Come on. I promise to buy something else if you'll just look...