Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Today "bulges" with news

Many come to this blog for updates on the "bulge" story -- and a lot has happened on that front (if "front" is the right word). The major data-dump can be found a couple of posts below, so scroll down. (Or better still, read the posts on vote fraud.) You'll also want to see the latest from Doonesbury -- funny, funny stuff.

I've heard rumors of an MSNBC investigation (which I've yet to see online) which allegedly debunks the bulge as a perceptual trick, because highlighting or sidelighting outlines the thing in some shots and not in others. As any photographer knows, "flat" lighting can also hide freckles and wrinkles. That doesn't meant these imperfections physically disappear.

The new "lighting the menorah" bulge photo (scroll down for the link) is unmistakable -- and the lighting is very, very flat. No trickery here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey~
I need you to call me.

Love,
The Bulge Spotter (call me on cell I have news)

Anonymous said...

To be honest, I studied the Menorrah picture and the bulge looks to me like the two curved pieces of stiffening that are used by tailors to hold the line of jackets. I sew, and have made many structured garments, and that's what this pic apparently shows. It isn't the same square bulge that one see's in the debate photos. Even Bonzo doesn't need cues to light candles for kids.