Check it out
In the wake of Israel’s summer 2014 genocidal massacre in Gaza, euphemistically called Operation “Protective” Edge,” the US corporate media is finally (somewhat) catching on to the egregious degree of violent extremism, racism, and downright fascism in Israeli culture.
A 5 August NBC story, titled “Send President Obama Ebola as Birthday Gift, Some Israelis Say,” reports that, according to a recent poll, 46% of Israelis “said they wanted to give Barack Obama an envelope containing the Ebola virus as a present for his 53rd birthday.”
Note, these aren’t just “some” Israelis, as NBC writes; these are almost half of Israelis.
Vox also ran a story, published on 4 August, when 48% of polled Israelis had advocated sending Ebola.
My question: What the hell are the Israelis bitching about?
Could the United States government look the other way more
when it comes to Israeli crimes against humanity? How could that even be possible
In this country, if you call Israel an apartheid state, you will be derided as an anti-Semite. Yet in an infuriating display of hypocrisy, a growing number of Israelis openly admit that they desire an apartheid state. ("We can say it. You are forbidden."
In 2012, in Haaretz, renowned journalist Gideon Levy published the results of a poll that found “Most Israeli Jews Would Support Apartheid Regime in Israel.” This study, “expos[ing] anti-Arab, ultra-nationalist views espoused by a majority of Israeli Jews,” was not based on an internet survey. It was conducted by Dialog and directed by professor Camil Fuchs, Haaretz’s polling expert and head of the Department of Statistics at Tel Aviv University’s School of Mathematical Science, and commissioned by the Yisraela Goldblum Fund.
The study revealed the following unsavory facts about Israeli society:
– 59% want preference for Jews over Arabs in admission to jobs in government ministries.
– 49% want the state to treat Jewish citizens better than Arab ones
– 42% don’t want to live in the same building with Arabs
– 42% don’t want their children in the same class with Arab children.
– c. 33% want a law barring Israeli Arabs from voting for the Knesset
– 69% object to giving 2.5 million Palestinians the right to vote if Israel annexes the West Bank.
– 74% majority are in favor of separate roads for Israelis and Palestinians
– 24% believe separate roads are “a good situation”
– 50% believe separate roads are “a necessary situation”
– 47% want part of Israel’s Arab population to be transferred to the Palestinian Authority
– 36% support transferring some of the Arab towns from Israel to the PA, in exchange for keeping some of the West Bank settlements
– 38% want Israel to annex the territories with settlements on them
– 31% don’t admit that Israel practices apartheid against Arabs
– 58% do admit that Israel practices apartheid against Arabs
The short Max Blumenthal presentation embedded above reveals horrifying details of what went on in Gaza. Some of these details shocked the hell out of me, and I've been following this story. Arguably, the IDF are even more
brutal and merciless than were Hitler's armies.
Noam Chomsky still speaks as if the United States is calling the shots and Israel follows our orders. (See below.) But is that really the case? Which is the tail and which is the dog?