Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Place your bets: When will Adam Schiff be "Frankened"?

I've said it before: The Me Too moral panic is a weapon designed to hurt only Democrats, not Republicans. Republican politicians can't be hurt because Republican voters don't care. That's why Al Franken is out and Bret Kavanaugh is in.

The attempt to use this weapon against Robert Mueller failed due to sloppy tradecraft. But that fiasco taught us some important details about how such things are done -- and how much a ploy like this really costs. I had presumed that the women offering false accusations would ask for enough dough to pay off a mortgage; instead, we learned that paying off a credit card suffices.

As Jerry Brown once said to Gore Vidal: "How little we sell out for."

So when are they going to Me Too Adam Schiff? It's only a matter of time. You know it and I know it. Tell me your predictions as to how and when this will go down.

1. When will the accusations hit?

A) Before the new Congress starts on January 3, 2019
B) Before June, 2019
C) After June, 2019

2. What will be the nature of the accusation?

A) Inappropriate touching
B) Sexual harassment
C) Attempted rape
D) Rape
E) Statutory rape
F) Sex with a male
G) Sex with animal
H) Sex with goat on Satanic altar while drenched in the blood of an unchristened infant.
I) Other (please specify)

3. How many accusers?

A) One
B) 2-4
C) More

4. How will Schiff respond?

A) Fierce denials
B) Wishy-washy semi-apology. (Apology will be insincere, since Schiff will know that the accusation is false. However, he will bow to liberal voices pressuring him to apologize regardless of actual facts. Afterward, he'll be hit by further accusations.)
C) Threats: "I'll see you in court."
D) Resignation
E) Other (please specify)

5. What evidence will the accusers provide?

A) None.
B) Emails and/or text messages
C) Testimony of friends/relatives/co-workers
D) Audio recording
E) Video
F) Dick pic
G) Other (please specify)

7. Who will be actual mastermind of this op?

A) Roger Stone
B) James O'Keefe
C) Jack Burkman and Jacob Wohl
D) Q-anon
E) Someone working for Breitbart
F) Someone working for Cambridge Analytica or whatever they're calling themselves
G) Someone working for Blackwater or whatever they're calling themselves
H) Someone working for Black Cube or any one of a dozen other private firms that have no connection whatsoever to Mossad
I) Someone working for Putin
J) Someone working for American intelligence
K) Other (please specify)

6. How will liberal web sites (such as Kos and D.U.) respond?

A) "This is obvious bullshit!"
B) "He's guilty."
C) A 50-50 mix of A and B.
D) "Schiff should apologize anyways, regardless of what actually happened. Let's just get this behind us. It'll all be forgotten a week later." (Inevitably followed by more accusations, a la Franken.)
E) Other (please specify)

7. How will hardcore feminists respond?

A) "Believe all women, no matter what! Evidence doesn't matter! Schiff must resign NOW! In all of human history, no woman has ever lied! All men are horrible lying penismonsters who do nothing but RAPE RAPE RAPE!"
B) There is no B.

Any True Believer who gets all seven questions right will win the no-prize. Excelsior!

9 comments:

Lee said...

Joseph, you wrote; "The Me Too moral panic is a weapon designed to hurt only Republicans, not Democrats." I believe you got that praeposterus.

Anonymous said...

HOLY SH#T again!!!

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/claudiarosenbaum/michael-avenatti-arrested

Joseph Cannon said...

Yeah, I know. Honestly, I thought that Schiff would get hit by this -- and soon. That's why I put my little poll up at this time: To get my prediction on the record before it happened.

Didn't think Avenatti would go first.

When I first saw the headline, I thought "Good." I don't care for Avenatti's style, and I don't want him to run for president. But as more info came in, it started to look like another hit job.

I guess that, after a few hours, maybe days, we'll have more evidence. We'll know soon.

Joseph Cannon said...

By the way: When I said "Good" I meant: Good thing that he's out of politics.

Joseph Cannon said...

I belatedly realized -- the original version of the opening sentence mistakenly said the opposite of what I intended. I have fixed it. My apologies!

Anonymous said...

What about Roy Moore?

Mr Mike said...

Michael Avenatti's 15 minutes started to end with the flame out of his Koathanger Kavanaugh accuser.
Was TMZ in on it or an unwilling dupe reporting it was his estranged wife the victim?

Anonymous said...

Good question.

Anonymous said...



Democrats are the new Puritans and political correctness is the standard by which sinners are judged.