Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Liberal women get raped, says CNN talking head

Unbelievable.

Dana Loesch wants people to believe that Democratic women get raped -- not metaphorically, but physically -- at a higher rate than do Republican females. Apparently, choosy rapists choose Democrats.

And what is the basis of Loesch's argument? Not any sort of statistical analysis. Instead, she makes reference a notorious insane tirade from Andy Breitbart. I refer, of course, to the time he stood on the perimeter of an OWS rally and yelled:
"STOP RAPING PEOPLE! Stop raping people! Stop raping people! Stop raping the people! You freaks! You filthy, filthy, raping, murdering freaks!"
Loesch feels that she needs no further proof. Andy said it, she believes it, and that settles it.

Well, I just did a little checking. In the very conservative town of Mobile, Alabama, there were 37 rapes per 100,000 residents (as of 2009). In the rather more liberal city of Bristol, Connecticut, there were 26 rapes per 100,000 residents. Something tells me that I'll find a similar numerical disparity if I compare other "red" towns to other "blue" towns.

Now, if I were as irresponsible as Loesch -- or Breitbart -- these stats would permit me to go out in public and screech to the crowds:
"REPUBLICANS: STOP RAPING PEOPLE! Stop raping people! Stop raping people! Stop raping the people! You conservative freaks! You filthy, filthy, raping, murdering conservative freaks!

10 comments:

prowlerzee said...

Seeing as our US soldiers rape 1 out of 4 of their comrade male soldiers and 1 out of 3 female comrade soldiers, we should be calling our troops "raping machines!"

CNN is sickening; they all are.

You asked about our discourse. It seems to be an embedded...human... trait to talk trash about each other. I was picking up some food at a deli and overheard three grade school teachers having lunch, all non-stop trash talking one of their colleagues. Their ultimate outrage? Another teacher STOLE this teacher's intellectual property! She COPIED the way she had her students crinkle pink tissue paper into blossoms.

Alert the media...oh wait...

Joseph Cannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joseph Cannon said...

I hope you don't mind, zee: I edited my original post and cut out the paragraph about our devolving level of political discourse.

I've decided to write more sparely and to edit more ruthlessly. I'd tell you more about why I made that decision, but -- doing so would be self-defeating, right?

Joseph Cannon said...

By the way, I'm now going through other liberal and conservative cities to see if the rape-per-capita incidence disparity still holds. So far, liberal cities seem to be safer. But there are two huge exceptions:

1. Gary, Indiana (liberal) has 51 rapes per 100,000. YOW! To be honest, I know very little about Gary. Can this really be the place they wrote the song about in "The Music Man"?

2. Oakland, CA (liberal): 80.6 rapes per 100,000. Good lord. That is staggering. Horrifying. I've spent time in Oakland and I've heard all about the high crime rate, but I never realized things were THIS bad. That figure is really going to skew the average results for all the other liberal towns.

Otherwise, most liberal cities are in the 20-something range. The red-state cities I've looked at (so far) tend to be rather higher.

Sorry to present these figures in such a cold fashion. Yes, I know that this is a ghastly crime we're talking about.

Joseph Cannon said...

Here's another stunner: 81.5 rapes per 100,000 in Flint, MI. I expected the stats there to be bad, but...good lord.

Joseph Cannon said...

86.9 in Cleveland, OH! Tell Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendy Malick to get the hell out of there!

Mr. Mike said...

Those towns with the high numbers Gary, Flint, and Cleveland have very little insudtry left.

Bob Harrison said...

I wonder if the police stat-grabbing and data mining for grants might have something to do with all this. Otherwise, I'm just going paranormal and aliens... or something.

Joseph Cannon said...

Okay, this whole liberal/conservative rape thing works better if you look at it on a red state versus blue state basis. Red Alaska: 75 rapes per 100k. Blue NY: 14.3 rapes per 100k. Purple NM is 46.5, which surprises the hell out of me.

LandOLincoln said...

Purple NM is 46.5, which surprises the hell out of me.

Well, since rape is allegedly not so much about sex as it is about power, domination and humiliation; and since New Mexico is a very poor state as well as very macho, I suppose you could make the case that the relatively high percentage of rapes in this sparsely populated (we just topped 2 mil) mostly rural state is an indication of the level of rage and frustration felt by men with little to no hope for their future.

APD is working on it though. They just gunned down another one--the third officer-involved shooting in a month. This one's still alive, though, at least for now...