Monday, June 08, 2009

Miller time

Look who has taken over the Peanuts strip: Frank Miller. (Hat tip to vastleft.)

I love making fun of Frank Miller. No matter what you do to him, you won't feel bad.

About a year ago, I privately told our friend Nibbles about a post that was originally planned for April 1, 2009, in which I would give the world a sneak peek at "Frank Miller's Song of Bernadette." Sample dialogue:

"SHUT UP! What are you, retarded? I'm goddamn Saint Bernadette and I'll take as much goddamn snuff as I want to!"

(The deeper meaning will be lost on those not up on Miller's sublime recent work. Yes, she was a life-long tobacco addict. Also drank a lot.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gotta love his run on Daredevil.

Joseph Cannon said...

Indeed I did!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is just so wrong, hehe!


(Perhaps "he" should tackle H.R. Puffenstuff next :))


Yeah, gotta love him: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
turned Batman back into what he was always supposed to be. In my opinion, the first Burton and even the Bale Batmans haven't yet met that standard.


Sergei Rostov

p.s. Speaking of DD, Joe, a couple of months ago I was going to say, if you wanted to change the color scheme but still pay homage to him, you could always go original DD and do yellow, brown and red. :)

(...but anything would be good as long as you avoid Plaid Daredevil :) )