Monday, November 24, 2008

Addendum to the previous post

I suddenly remembered: Ben Stein's best known film role was in the over-rated comedy Ferris Bueller's Day Off. In the film, his funniest moment occurs when he tries to get his sleepy students to acknowledge the danger posed by the national debt, which they will one day have to pay.

In the video below, Stein's economic attitude seems very, very different. I don't recall him ever voicing disapproval of Dick Cheney's infamous observation that "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter."

As for those students in Stein's cinematic class -- well, they're all grown up now, aren't they? The piper must needs be paid.

(Of course, Stein has nothing to worry about, financially. I'm sure those WaMu stocks he was touting paid off big.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

God, I've always hated "Ferris Bueler's Day Off." I wanted that brat to get caught so bad. I'll never forgive Jennifer Grey for covering for him. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

I started to say that I hope every one of those fools wind up living under a bridge. Especially Ben Stein. To heck with all of the Gordon Gecko's of the world. Greed is not good.