Friday, October 31, 2008

Nightmare

I'm not making this up. Not two hours ago I awoke from a nightmare in which I was a computer repair guy (a role I sometimes attempt to play in real life, usually with disastrous results). In the dream, every copy of Windows that I installed came free of charge, with one catch: The software included a copy of a hagiographical movie about Barack Obama, filmed in the style of Ben-Hur. No matter how I tried, I could not delete the folder containing this .avi file -- it was un-trashable. Finally, I decided to watch the movie.

The pre-credit sequence depicted the Glorious Nativity, as shepherds and wise men gathered to witness his birth to the Virgin Stanley. After that sequence came the opening credits, supemimposed over this image:


The familiar Milkos Rozsa soundtrack music boomed away throughout all of this.

I woke up in a cold sweat before the credits ended. So far, this has been the scariest Halloween ever.

(Sorry for not completing my post yesterday; I should soon have up an interesting piece about Mr. O's finances. Many things commandeered my attention, including the creation of my costume. I will appear as an Evil Wizard -- and, naturally, I needed a Gandalf-like staff. Mine was made from the branch of a lime tree, and it has a wicked curve. I have no idea how sorcerers managed to create such things in the days before jigsaws and belt-sanders.)

9 comments:

Perry Logan said...

In my nightmares, the Obama campaign is represented as an endless episode of "South Park." Chilling.

Anonymous said...

In my nightmares, I'm being chased by angry sockpuppets.

OTE admin said...

Get this: I had a dream last night where Michelle Obama came up to me and gave me a scoop that Barack was going to drop out of the race to take another job. Where? The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, NOT the Woods Foundation. Remember, Woods Hole was the outfit which discovered the Titanic.

Anonymous said...

You're going to hell for that graphic, Joseph. Artist's hell.

Anonymous said...

How much do you want to bet if you sent that pic to an OBF site they'll sob and weep over this true rendition of WMRM (What Michelangelo Really Meant).

"In my nightmares, I'm being chased by angry sockpuppets."

Those aren't nightmares, those are Obama voters at your caucus.

Anonymous said...

Joseph,

Have you heard about this? May be a trick but worth checking out.

http://israelinsider.ning.com/profiles/blogs/2018399:BlogPost:11939

Also, not quite a nightmare...After hearing the Obama love song being sung by those kids, I couldn't get it out of my head for a week. I woke up one morning with that little girl's haunting voice in my head and the week from hell went from there.

FembotsForObama

gary said...

Interesting that you would be dreaming of Barack Obama naked.Catch you on the other side of the election.

Anonymous said...

I vote for Susan's dream!

I'm skipping Halloween this year, but I applaud anyone making their own costume.

I always make my own. The year I was a witch doctor kids burst out crying when they saw me. I never made anything so scary again after that.

But the year of the Power Rangers I made a Rita Repulsa which was a big hit. For those curly things coming down from her headdress I spraypainted curling seed pods from a tree.

Anyway, you are sort of forgiven for leaving us hanging on your financial fraud theories, Joseph....but get up early tomorrow, ok??!

Anonymous said...

You can straighten (or curve) a piece of wood by steaming it first (this is traditionally how wooden skis are made to curve up at the ends).

Of course, a wizard would just magic it into the shape he wanted. :)

SR

[Sergei Rostov]