Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Janus

Obama has said that he thinks marriage should be between "a man and a woman." Here in California, Proposition 8 (now favored by the majority of voters in the state) seeks to overturn the recent legalization of gay marriage. You'd think that Obi would support it. But he doesn't.

At what point do we stop calling such an argument "nuanced" and start calling it "two-faced"?

Incidentally, I've spent a lot of time in the Inland Empire recently, where one may see quite a few yard signs in favor of Prop 8. I do not support the measure. Yet I have no right to stomp onto someone else's lawn to remove the sign, to plant one of my own, or to festoon the sign with insulting commentary about the person who erected it.

The preceding paragraph is directed to the fanatical nutcases who -- every hour of every day -- never stop trying to take over this blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OT, but you might enjoy this: Paulsoncensors the compensation numbers in the bailout contracts.

The Fabulous Kitty Glendower said...

Joseph, you should see how many yards in Ventura county have, both Obama and Yes on 8 signs.

I even saw a bumper sticker that said Religious Left and Proud of it and an Obama sticker. WTF?

The sign should read Yes, I'm a bigot. Or I should go around and take pictures and post them on the net, titled, THIS IS THE FRONT LAWN OF A BIGOT!

The Fabulous Kitty Glendower said...

btw, not that I would really post a picture of someone’s front lawn, but I find it telling how racist accusations are flung around with wild abandon, yet, homosexual bigotry floats under the radar. Opportunistic Hypocrisy.

Anonymous said...

Joseph, I'm a bit unclear. Is Obama for or against Prop 8? I thought since he believes that marriage is only btw a man and a woman, he is for Prop 8.

Your post is a bit confusing for me. Please clear this up. Thanks!

FembotsForObama

Anonymous said...

Kitty, it's just not bigotry. Homosexuals are allowed to live as they please. Marriage is, however, from its origins, a religious institution, and redefining its terms constitutes intolerance of religious beliefs. I'm not a bigot for feeling this way.