Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Art and life

(While writing, I learned of the tragedy in Arkansas. My deepest condolences to the victim's family. I hope that the rather frothy tone of the following post will not seem out of place on this day.)

Well, I'm still too angry to write deep political thoughts.

The Obotsphere still thinks that the best way to win over the PUMAs is to insult them. According to some bots, the PUMAs are Hillary zombies who should support Obama because she supports Obama. Other bots say that Hillary has not offered sufficient support for the Lightbringer, while Maureen Dowd insists that the Evil One controls the movement. It still hasn't occurred to these clowns that the movement exists not out of love for Hillary but out of disgust arising from Obama's lies and corruption.

Looks like the COLB controversy is dying, even as the "darkened video" smear may be coming back. I wonder how many of the more popular memes in paranoia-land are born of technical ignorance? I've met quite a few conspiracy theorists in my time. Some of them are so dimwitted they seem to believe that the radio works because it has little people inside.

By the way -- this No Quarter post is about me. Susan UnPC (I've warned her that I no longer consider any correspondence private) bragged that she was going to slam me without mentioning my name. I think it is cute that they are calling my ethics into consideration because I helped to puncture the false story they published.

Gotta tell ya -- Larry Johnson has helped to demystify the CIA in my eyes. As you know, I used to hang out with a lot of JFK assassination buffs, who tend to view Company men as nearly supernatural creatures. That's why they call 'em spooks.

But now? We've been exposed to Jim Woolsey's wackjob theories, which proved that the conspiracy buffs inside the Agency are even worse than the ones on the outside. We've met a pin-headed slickster named Dusty Foggo, who somehow rose to the Number Three position while robbing the store. And we have gotten to know Larry Johnson, a well-meaning fellow whose attempts at Sherlock Holmesing are continually one-upped by an ill-to-do schlub in the San Fernando Valley who illustrates children's books for a living.

Yeah, the Company's aura of quasi-supernatural efficiency has definitely worn thin.

(By the way, is there any truth to the rumor that Larry was asked to leave because he kept demanding to use the Cone of Silence?)

Enough. I want to keep this post light.

So let's meet another artist. This guy:

Now, it is bad karma for one ottist to dis another ottist. Making a living at this game ain't easy, and I wish Ron Keas every success. My question is this:

Do you think John McCain paid him to produce this messianic imagery?

Don't dismiss the notion out of hand. The McCain campaign has already demonstrated that it is the wittiest in recent Republican history.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bottom 2 are really silly and not well done.
Why is Obama's head in that bubble?
The top one, for some reason, reminds me of the style of illustrations in some books of the early 1950, maybe for young adults? I can't put my finger on it.

Some people don't like Obama for his dealings and/or his politics. Some don't like him for racial reasons and fear.

But some like him because to them he offers hope. I guess that is the message of the 3 illustrations.

Anonymous said...

Susan deletes all comments critical of the fact checking on the COLB story.
Her ethics are deplorable.

Anonymous said...

Here is one of the comments at the NQ link:

"I’ve just visited the Joseph Cannon blog site and, too, get the feeling that he is an Obama plant. His harsh tone and take-no-prisoners attacks remind me of the kinds of posters found on DK, HP, & MyDD.

Examples: JC tries to link Techdude to Nazi’s; he tries to out Texas Darlin, and tries to discredit her (?) concerns for her safety.

I’ve never encountered a Puma attacking another Puma in this manner, so I am a bit suspicious of Joseph Cannon. Check out his site for yourself and see what you think."


That's so funny that this person actually thinks that you are an Obama plant.

rjarnold

Anonymous said...

Why am I reminded of the Cheshire cat from Alice?
The Lincoln Memorial one looks like a bad Norman Rockwell as done in a Chinese sweatshop. The Obama in the crystal ball? I have no idea.

Joseph Cannon said...

"I’ve never encountered a Puma attacking another Puma in this manner, so I am a bit suspicious of Joseph Cannon."

Heh. Well before that post, the visitors to TD's site were printing all sorts of paranoid nonsense about me. And now they are shocked that I hit back.

A few PUMAs must learn the same lesson that the Obots are slowly learning: If you spew harshness and hate, expect to receive return fire. I give as I get.

Ray said...

Jiseph wrote:

A few PUMAs must learn the same lesson that the Obots are slowly learning: If you spew harshness and hate, expect to receive return fire. I give as I get.

Well I don't care who it is (except terrorists) - if they've got a job to do and they do it properly - good luck to them. In this case no innocent bystanders were hit, so there's no problem.

Anyway it's all good for the blog and the blogging world in general because even in political blogs where things are ...well .. 'political' there still needs tyo be a modicum if integrity displayed when stories turn out to be false.

Ray

Anonymous said...

What's with the 3-d glasses?

Anonymous said...

The first one, looks like Obama is posing for a statue for himself; why isn't he looking AT Lincoln while he contemplates. The second one, can we say God complex? Obama will look over us. He is everywhere, hope is everywhere. Come on, Obama in a crystal bowl -- he's our future, (the 3-D glasses) he's everywhere a real life dimension of The Future!

I'm sorry, but if I see anyone having these pics in their home, I will laugh my ass off. Is this supposed to be like the pic nearly every American had in their home of FDR?

FembotsforObama

Anonymous said...

Obamanation doesn't seem to be interested in kissing and making up, do they?

It's like they want us to leave.

BTW - McCain may be the wittiest, but there's not exactly any strong competition.

tetedur said...

These are actually great as camp and cheese, in the same way that "black velvet" Elvis paintings are. They look very much like the artwork in Watchtower pamphlets.

Anonymous said...

tetedur said..."They look very much like the artwork in Watchtower pamphlets."

That's it! Good one. I couldn't figure out what they reminded me of but that is it.