Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Frog and the Scorpion

The "progressive" (read: Libertarian) blogs have gone nuts in response to Hillary's blowout in West Virginia. I could not believe my eyes when I saw R.J. Eskow's piece in Huffington Post:
Even The Racists Are Deserting Hillary
Nowhere in this article do we see even the slightest attempt to offer proof that a single voter in the Democratic primary cast his or her ballot on the basis of racial solidarity or racial antipathy. Who needs evidence when we have presumption?

And look where presumption leads us: The "racists," sayeth Eskow, went to John Edwards, who got seven percent of the vote, even though he dropped out of the contest some time ago.

And how does Eskow know that the Edwards vote came from racists? He doesn't.

Isn't reality fun when you can make it up as you go along?

Of course, in his reality rearrangement, Eskow has managed to insult not only Hillary supporters but also those who, like myself, preferred John Edwards.

Incidentally, Eskow's hallucinations stand in sharp contrast to the words of Obama campaign manager David Plouffe, who has admitted that any white person who would allow racism to tinge his vote long ago migrated to the Republican Party. In other words, there are no racist Democrats -- according to Obama's own expert!

What amazes me is that clowns like Eskow say that the contest is over. If it is, then why the vituperation and insult? Why are the Obamabots doing their best to shrink the voting base in November?

I honestly think they can't help it: They do not care about winning; they care only about using Hillary as the target for all of the pent-up rage they have felt all of their lives. "I hate Mom" = "I hate my Ex-" = "I hate Hillary." That's why they continue to pursue an utterly counterproductive course of action.

The Scorpion asks the Frog to carry him across the river. The Frog says "You'll sting me." "No I won't," says the Scorpion. "If I did, we'd both drown." So off they go, the Scorpion carried on the Frog's back -- and sure enough, halfway across, the sting comes. "It doesn't make sense!" cries the dying Frog. "You've killed us both. It's not logical!" "You're right," answers the Scorpion. "But I can't help it. It's my character."

Many of you feel that the battle against McCain justifies tolerating these daily stings. I ask this: Do you enjoy being insulted?

The Kossacks consider Clinton and Edwards voters to be dogs who, come November, will go where they're kicked. Do you want to justify and encourage that attitude?

Visualize their faces. Close your eyes and see the image: The faces of Eskow, Kos, Huffington, Aravosis, Sullivan, Marshall, Brazile, Dean. They are all sneering at you in gleeful contempt -- because they know that you will vote as THEY direct, no matter how many times they spit in your face.

Those haughty bastards are laughing at you. Laughing at you.

There is only one way to wipe away their obnoxious smirks.

There is only one way to teach them the rewards of arrogance.

There is only one way to teach them that a party cannot win a national contest while alienating half of its own members.

There is only one way to teach all future Scorpions not to sting the creatures on whom they depend.

DO NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA. EVER.

UPDATE: At least one DUmmy is starting to understand that "racist baiting" the Clinton voters was a bad idea. Unfortunately, the author blames outside Republican forces, not the progressives. What evidence proves the existence of these GOP "outside agitators"? None. This dishonest and cowardly attitude reminds me of the fundamentalist who, when he gets a boner for a woman other than his wife, blames the Devil.

9 comments:

Darrow said...

Have you seen? Edwards is going to endorse Obama.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/05/edwards-to-endo.html

"ABC News' Kate Snow, Raelyn Johnson, Sunlen Miller, and Rick Klein Report: Former Sen. John Edwards is endorsing Sen. Barack Obama's presidential candidacy Wednesday evening, in a dramatic attempt by the Obama campaign to answer concerns regarding Obama's appeal to working-class voters, several senior Democratic sources tell ABC News."

Oh, brother. And I was a former Edwards supporter. Blech. Well, now Edwards can run as Barry's VP and he'll be running with yet another out-of-touch elitist loser.

Joseph Cannon said...

Relax. Edwards won't be Veep. Obama would be an utter fool to pick anyone but Richardson.

Edwards is doing what I always thought he would do. He is the most frankly ambitious Democratic politician I've ever seen. His ambition is so naked it is oddly endearing.

So he held off on his endorsement until the last moment, bowing to the party elders whose help he'll need in 2012. No doubt he figures that if nominating the party does not prosper after nominating first an Easterner then a black (or a woman), the party may want the kind of candidate who succeeded in 1992 and 1976.

Who else....?

Seriously. If Obi gets the nomination yet fails in November, as I feel he will -- in 2012, who else?

Nunzia Rider said...

Ah, Joseph, as much as I agree with just about every darn thing you say, I just cannot say I'll not vote for Obama. And the reason can be found in two simple words: Supreme Court. I just don't think this country can survive another 4 years of GOP rule.

On the other hand, I do believe, as you do, that Obama has no chance of beating McCain in November. And frankly, in my state, he has no chance of beating McCain either. Guess maybe I'll just refrain from voting.

OTE admin said...

Joseph, I think you hit it on the head about Edwards. Note his endorsement isn't going to make a bit of difference.

Clayton said...

Desperately seeking nomination

One Crooked, chicago style, dirty politician seeks nomination. Not afraid to play the race card, and blame other players as being dirty. Willing to spin fairy tales on Irag "vote", say nothing but say it with a silver tongue. Looking for short term relationship with super delegates, No Strings Attached!!! Dirty money to be spread amongst us! Please be spineless and conniving aka Lawyerly! I'll whisper sweet nothings all night long.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Cannon, I lost it a while ago when I saw that the mainstream media is saying that Hillary won in our state because we are all a bunch of uneducated white racists.I have not heard one racist remark and I get around the state quite a lot. I am sure that there are isolated incidents of racism like everywhere but it is no big deal here. If Obama had some answers to the questions facing this country I am sure he would have done better. What the media saw was people thinking for themselves and not the way they were telling them to think. We are not a bunch of robots mesmerized by this cultlike movement.People who think ask to see some substance and there isn't any with Obama.And to top it off I see that Edwards is showing that he has no integrety by selling out. I have never been so ashamed of our party and most of its leaders.If McCain or Obama win in Nov.the country will continue its rapid downhill slide, there is no way I can vote for either of them what do we do?

Darrow said...

I was joking about Edwards running as Obama's VP. He's obviously angling for some other position. The main reason they announced today is that they wanted to ruin the evening news for Hillary's WV win. Good political move. (Uh, oh - don't tell Barry that "someone's playing politics" - you know how he hates that).

No, this is an effort to shore up the support from the racis- oops, white, working-class voters who don't give a damn for Obi.

Anonymous said...

I think this is the ticket. God spoke to me and told me so.

Anonymous said...

President Pryor