Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Siegelman scandal

60 Minutes has long delayed a major investigative piece on Alabama governor Don Siegelman, tossed into the clink on trumped up charges. His real crime was being a Democrat at a time when Dubya and his corrupt U.S. Attorneys thought they could establish total one-party control.

Well, 60 Minutes has finally found a slot for their piece -- opposite the Oscars.

On what I presume to be the same front (although I have not spoken to her about this), Larisa Alexandrovna claims that the proverbial "little birdie" has warned her of an upcoming hit piece directed against her, Scott Horton, and anyone else who has been covering this tale.
I am not going to name the publication(s) at this point. I am hoping that they have some sense of ethics and refuse to run the hit piece. But, I will say this and openly, any publication that acts as the personal attack dog of a group of corrupt politicians needs to be run out of business. Or let me put it another way, none of us are going to stand by and allow slander as intimidation.
I'm guessing that the publication in question will be a fiercely pro-Republican newspaper in Alabama. If Rush, Rupert and allied forces give the piece immediate attention, then you'll know that a coordinated attack plan is underway.

No comments: