Saturday, August 11, 2007

All is forgiven -- and please forgive ME!

As you know, I have previously considered many of my readers ninnies. However, I did not know the true depths of ninny-ism until I ventured into other sites.

See the exchange on Crooks and Liars here (starting at reply 73), where a certifiable idiot nicknamed Big Picture accuses me of not having read a law that I repeatedly cited and quoted. And then read my exchange over on Buzzflash with a youngster who thinks he can school me -- me! -- on the history of fascism.

(Did you know that Prescott Bush gave $50 million directly to Adolf in the early '20s? Me neither!)

My god. I did not realize just how bad it is out there. Compared to those dullards, you people are gold.

I hereby formally apologize for past insinuations that some of you have had carnal intercourse with your mothers. I beg forgiveness.

That apology does not extend to the CDers. They're still motherfuckers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, and just remember, there ain't no firewall for stupid.

Anonymous said...

Trying to discuss issues rationally in the face of emotional and hostile outrage is challenging and extremely taxing. I salute your efforts. Sometimes, you are on the other end of that same class of transaction, though you may not recongize it.

Of course, that is true of pretty much everyone...

Anonymous said...

An apology from Joe!
Now that has to be worth it's weight in gold!
But, since you are still a grouch an at time unbearable, that makes us even.
But hey, I take even, anyday!

Anonymous said...

More Grist for the Mill, Joe...

If you feel like doing some more battle, there is another contributor to the apparently ill-informed outratge just begging for your "help".

http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2007/08/building-democracy-fascism-whatever.html

This is only the latest in a long line of long-winded rants on this topic. If I had the time, I'd do the work, but I don't - which is why my site closed 9 years ago (after 4 wonderful years of growth and surprising recognition.)

allan said...

A two-part suggestion:

1. Delete any and all comments you determine are against the rules you have set up for your blog. No warnings and no second chances. Just ZAP!

2. Do not mention you have done this. Just carry on as if the comment had never existed.