Friday, June 08, 2007

Yellow matter custard dripping from a dead dog's eye

I just had to decline a very kind invite to do a radio segment. I probably would have declined under the best of circumstances -- radio is not my friend. But right now, the gig would have been impossible.

Does anyone else have this...this...this thing that's going around? Some sort of flu has had me in its grip for three days, and I'm still woozy. Gotta confess: The fever dreams have been vivid and highly entertaining. I've never taken LSD. Is the experience similar?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter and I have had something that has been going on for about a month. Incredible fatigue, sore throat with white pussy bumps in the back of the throat, sore muscles... I don't know what it is, but I wish it would go away.

Anonymous said...

@Anonymous 9:43PM

Sweet Zombie Jesus! Haven't you heard of strep throat? Or is your post meant as a joke? Get thee to a doctor for some antibiotics; there's no amount of wishing that will make strep go away...

Anonymous said...

Darn. And I was so hoping that you'd be up to posting those recent photos of Bush guzzling beer like a frat boy that've been making the rounds on all the progressive sites. Sorry you're feeling bad, hon. Hot tea with lemon. Or, you know, an emergency room, whichever is more appropriate.

Anonymous said...

Well, I've never had your fever, either. So I'd say, "Yes, they're exactly the same kind of experience".

Anonymous said...

Well, clearly, it's time you took LSD.

Hyperman said...

I would start with magic mushroom instead of LSD... but there's so many psychoactive substance to choose from...

I still have some memories of a 104 fevers that lasted for 2 days when I was 16, the "visions" were vivid and really weird. I can imagine that a high fever can affect your brain in the same ways some psychoactive substance can.