Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Terror plot update

I hate having to top doc elsewhere's terrific post, so I'll keep this brief: This piece by William Norman Grigg fleshes out the connection between terror plotter Russell DeFreitas and Evergreen.
According to former Customs Department Special Agent Diane Kleiman, DeFreitas's background means one thing: “He was working at JFK doing drug smuggling.”

“The CIA has always been involved in drug smuggling, and Evergreen or Air America has played a big role in it,” Kleiman told me in a recent phone interview. “When I was working Customs at JFK, we had this huge problem with airline personnel using their secure keys to give unauthorized access to 'sterile corridors' that bypassed Customs inspection. Quite often this involved drug smuggling, and I've got ample reason to believe that Evergreen and other CIA assets were involved in it.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean "truthiness" won over "truth" in 2004?