Monday, May 07, 2007

San Francisco values

Daily Kos diarist kosblt has a piece on the right's attempt to compare "San Francisco values" to so-called "family values" -- as though there were no families in Nancy Pelosi's neck of the woods. Kosblt makes some good points, but I'd like to repeat a paragraph from my own earlier post on this topic:
Here's a message to my red state friends: One word describes San Francisco -- prosperous. That town achieves prosperity without pork. San Franciscans pour tons of money into the national treasury which the pork-addicted red-staters filch. This burglary of California, New York and Illinois happens year after year, because the Constitution gives southern states too much power in the Senate and the Electoral College. If you motherfucking, Bush-loving, Jesus-addled red-state hillbilly leeches are going to pick the pockets of those who live and work in California's blue counties, then how dare you insult your benefactors?
Awhile ago, I had sworn off use of the word "hillbillies" to describe certain red-staters. But then Rush Limbaugh came out with "Barack the Magick Negro," and my mood soured. People in San Francisco work damned hard, and they don't deserve any insults from Alabama trailer trash malingerers living off disability checks.

I'm reproducing the image that that made me so angry the first time I wrote those words. This is what FOX broadcast the day Pelosi was sworn in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The FOX caption is vile, but that photo of Ms. Pelosi with gavel held high really can't be publicized enough. It's great.

Jason said...

Jen I agree with you completely. God, I hate FoxNews!