Friday, April 27, 2007

A hidden story of prosecutorgate. This one has dead bodies.

I've known something about this for a while now, but I haven't been able to write about it properly. Since I may be busy for the next little while, all I can do right now is beg you to go here and read, read, read. Your attention will be rewarded.

Previously, I thought that U.S. Attorney Todd Graves of MO was "axed" to leave because exposure of that "fee office" palm-greasing business could have brought down Governor Roy Blunt. Turns out there's another theory of what really went down...

Also keep checking out the dribs and drabs we get from Josh Marshall. Today he published this interesting quote from Graves himself:
“I value the years I spent at DOJ (Department of Justice) and the friendships I forged there. But the current environment at the Department can only be described as toxic, and I am very thankful I left…What is going on now in DC is a three-ring circus, and I don’t want to have anything to do with it.”
In Roman days, the "circus" was a place where corpses started to pile up. That clue should encourage you to read up.

No comments: