Thursday, February 08, 2007

In brief... (UPDATE)

The original report that Edwards fired Amanda Marcotte and Melissa McEwan turned out to be erroneous. Edwards is sticking to 'em. And they will stick to him -- that is, he will now be forced to spend a large portion of his interviews defending every dumb word they've ever written. Had he let them go, progressives would have accused him of lacking balls. Now, everyone else will say that he lacks common sense.

Edwards will not be President.

On a completely different subject: Like everyone else, I've derived my share of snickers from the antics of Anna Nicole Smith. And yet today's news is disturbing and unsettling. The premature death of a famed beauty always haunts: One thinks of Marilyn and Natalie Wood. ANS always denied allegations of drug usage, yet few people believed her denials. The truth, if and when we learn it, may prove a cautionary tale.

UPDATE: As many suspected, illegal meds were found in her room. Some doctor -- or doctors -- may get into some serious trouble.

Why did Drudge go out of his way to post the most unflattering picture of ANS anyone has ever seen? I mean, I already knew that he doesn't like sleeping with women. But I didn't think he hated women.

Dubya and Laura: The Globe tabloid says that they are going through a trial separation. Of course, tabs lie. What's odd is that their lies always skew right. Like Fox, they are a propaganda arm of the Republic Party. So what's going on here...?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always found the "bimbo grabs rich guy" tag to be a load of crock. That's been the way of the world since day one. And I thought she was entitled to every penny from her dead spouse. From all I read they had a love for each other. Why is it that our societies so hate sex? You can bomb but not fuck. What an asshole philosophy. Anna Nicole was a real woman with two children, a real human being. Hope you find peace AN. You were a sweetie in my book.

Anonymous said...

Joseph,
Who is your favorite to win the democratic nomination for President?
What exactly would be wrong with Edwards?

Anonymous said...

I, too, think it's terrible that Anna Nicole Smith had to die this way, leaving an infant daughter motherless.

Joseph Cannon said...

beeta, please re-read. Where did I say something would be wrong with Edwards? I think he'd make a good President.

I said he will not BE president.

My predictions have gone awry before, of course. A year ago, I would have told you that Hillary would not run.