Saturday, December 09, 2006

"Which leads to my new theory about who killed JFK..."

This exchange from the Randi Rhodes show should amuse you:
Randi Rhodes: What is that marriage about? Barbara and Senior, what holds that marriage together? Is it blackmail that she knows where the bodies are buried? What goes on between those two?

Dr. Justin Frank: I think she is a very…..I think if he left her she'd kill him or she'd have him killed. I think it's not about blackmail it's more about murder. She's a frightening person.
Such speculation is, of course, utterly irresponsible. But don't tell me you didn't giggle when you read it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and to think that, over the turkey holiday, a perfectly reasonable woman who reasonabley despises both georges, said she really liked barbara bush. all i can think to say was 'right, barbara of the beautiful mind.'

actually, the thing that disurbs me most about this exchange is that justin frank is a licensed psychiatrist and as such has no business making such statements.

not to mention the libel end of it.

Anonymous said...

Barbara is just the black-ice tip of the malefic Bush Iceberg. When I started on the Howard Dean campaign I worked with a friend from Texas. He used to live near George and Barbara. He said that stories of the degree of malice and vengeance that the Bushes were capable of meting out to their perceived "enemies" was legendary. Everyone was scared s**tless of them. Anecdotal - perhaps….

Bob Boldt

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to that experience, Bob. While volunteering for the Kerry effort here in Oregon, the two people I met who had personally brushed up against the Bush family mentioned not the BFEE's octopus-like tentacles into economic, political or foreign policy messes, but their cruelty toward those who opposed them in even insignificant ways.

Barbara scares the crap out of me. Even glancing at that photo is just...shudder.

m said...

yes, that babs sure is one scary dude. here's one of my favorite pix of her: http://folk.ntnu.no/arneskod/barbara.jpg

Anonymous said...

I think it's quite accurate diagnostically, doc. Besides, I love to see a libel suit where Babs attempts to refute the assertion that she's NOT a psychopath. ;)