Thursday, August 03, 2006

Red staters: Chew on THIS (Note: link fixed)

"In 1984 I watched George W. Bush enthusiastically and expertly perform a homosexual act on another man, one Victor Ashe."

How's that for an attention-grabbing opener? These words come to us by way of Nevada gubernatorial candidate Leola McConnell, who would have my vote if I lived in the state of sin. Here's more:
“Ashe is the current U.S. ambassador to Poland; and he too should come out, like former New Jersey Gov. James McGreevy, and admit to being a gay American.

“Other homo-erotic acts were also performed by then-private citizen George W. Bush. I know this because I performed one of them on him myself.

“My full account of this activity is on-line at http://bushssecretlifein84.tripod.com, which has been up for nearly two years now.
McConnell has indeed been saying such things for quite a while. Yes, I know that she's an unusual person, and that her background would strike most people as somewhat...flamboyant. Even so, I rather like her -- and I tend to believe her. But I don't know how to convince others to believe her, given the lack of corroborating evidence.

Recently, Joy Tomme of Ratbang Diaries corresponded with McConnell to see if more details were available. The results are here.

(Joy also has some keen insights concerning recent events in Cuba.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about this for a bumper sticker?

"BUSH IS NOT GAY"

Pass it on....

Anonymous said...

If this does get out, the "swift boats" will be working 24/7 on McConnell

Anonymous said...

Could you please fix the link?

If I click on it, I get Page Not Found.

If I type in bushsecretlifein84.tripod.com I get to tripod but the message is The Page You are Looking For is Not Here.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I went to google and found the link as well as others.

I live in Knoxville, have lived here all my life. As you no doubt know, Victor Ashe was our mayor many years, before that he was a Senator, and now he is the ambassador to Poland.

I have heard these rumors many years - but have seen nothing to support them. Lord knows I wish it were so - but you'd think by now someone would have come up with something concrete if it were.

I notice Ms. McConnell has offered nothing - absolutely zero - to substantiate her claims. What was the hotel's name? Room number? Date?

Doesn't it seem odd to you that two old college chums would need to pay someone $15,000 to arrange a 'date' between them? Why would Ashe have risked bringing a third party into it? That just doesn't pass the smell test.

Ashe having been arrested ought to be easy to prove or no. But I found nothing concrete on google - just 'alleged' to have been arrested. Arrest records are public aren't they?

Who is that black woman who allegedly participated? And then Ashe was arrested with later? Surely she has a name. She might even like to confirm the story.

As it is, Ms. McConnell has little credibility, and offers nothing to support her claims. She only seems to have brought it up when it was to her benefit. And you'll notice her slogan to get elected is "Whatever it Takes."

http://www.mcconnellforgovernor.com/

http://www.americanpolitics.com/20060606McConnell.html

It would be nice if someone could prove this.

Anonymous said...

What if bushy hired McConnell to get to Ashe in that way. Maybe daddy made him do it to get a controlling interest with the Tennessee "mafia"... wouldn't want anyone interfering with the northerly flow of cocaine from Florida... the rest, as they say, is a whitewash...

Pure speculation...

Joseph Cannon said...

I fixed the link.

As for McConnell's credibility: I am well aware of the problems many people would have. My take is a little different. She has nothing to gain form lying about such a thing -- indeed, telling tales "out of shool" would only hurt her professionally. Clients using such services demand a spotless record of discretion.

She was making these claims well before the Quixotic guberntorial run, by the way.

Anonymous said...

"Who is that black woman who allegedly participated?"

...well, we all know george and condi have a special thang going...

Anonymous said...

Wow. More Gannon style blackmail games.