Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Call me irresponsible...

...but with Lamont leading Lieberman by eight points, with 38% of the precincts counted, I would like to offer premature congratulations to Ned Lamont.

Senator Ned Lamont.

(Okay, so now I'm being really premature...)

UPDATE: Yee-ikes! Just a few minutes after I wrote the above, the numbers shifted to 50% of the precincts reporting in -- and Lamont's lead shrank to 4%. Hmmm....

UPDATE 2: Cynthia McKinney seems to be headed to a resounding defeat.

UPDATE 3: L vs. L -- Lamont still ahead by 4, with 69% of the precincts reporting.

UPDATE 4: Lamont's lead cut to nearly 3%, with nearly 74% of the precincts reporting. I have a queasy feeling. Y'think "machine politics" may be playing a role here?

UPDATE 5: 81.2% reporting, Lamont ahead 51.7 to 48.2. Even if Lamont wins, I suspect foul play, given the pre-election polls. Why does the more conservative candidate always get that "surprise" last-minute bump? It's fishier than Fulton Street, I tells ya...

UPDATE 6: "And wow! Hey! What's this thing suddenly coming toward me very fast? Very, very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big, wide-sounding name like...ow...ound...round...ground! That's it! That's a good name -- ground! I wonder if it will be friends with me?"

UPDATE 7: Nearly 87% -- Lamont still holding to a lead somewhere between three and four percent. That big, flat round thing is coming closer...

UPDATE 8: 93% -- Lamont up by four. If Joe Lieberman runs as an independent, he will disgrace himself.

UPDATE 9: 95%, and Lieberman surges ahead an UNBELIEVABLE 16 POINTS! And when I say "unbelievable," I mean that, actually, Lamont is still ahead by 4. And there is no cannibalism in the Royal Navy.

4 comments:

sunny said...

I think Connecticut is entirely lever voting.

My tin foil chapeau moment? Official Conn. election monitoring website goes down, Lieberman suddenly rips through a 16% lead.

Anonymous said...

Oh Joseph, I learn new things here all the time. Tonight, you turned me on to the "Infinite Improbability Drive." What a perfectly quintessential metaphor.
Thanks,
and GO NED!!

With 95% of precincts reporting, Lamont is up by 4 points over SORE LOSERman.


... Does the Flap of a Butterfly's Wings in Brazil set off a Tornado in Texas?


Kim in PA

Anonymous said...

"If Joe Lieberman runs as an independent, he will disgrace himself."

Yup. He is and he will. What an arrogant whore.

Kim in PA

Anonymous said...

I just heard that New York Times exit polling found that 81% of voters who turned out oppose the Iraq war.

And the final tally was 52-48?

Methinks that the the numbers were fudged to the degree that a Lieberman victory was thought to be a sure thing. The overwhelming number of antiwar voters managed to squeeze out a victory for Lamont nevertheless.