Tuesday, May 16, 2006

8000 MPG

Andy Green of the UK has invented a car that gets 8000 mpg. It has three wheels and seats -- well, "seats" may be the wrong word -- one person. The whole thing (sans driver) weighs about as much as a nine year old boy. I have no idea how fast the vehicle goes -- it has a one-cylinder engine -- but I'm pretty sure A/C is not an option.

Would I drive one? Maybe. Of course, I don't care if I look like a dork. If I did, I wouldn't have this haircut.

Maybe next time Andy can come up with a 800 mpg car that looks a little more like a car...

2 comments:

Peter of Lone Tree said...

Joe,
8000? Or 800?
I googlesearched and you were right the first time.
Now to see if the story gets buried...

Joseph Cannon said...

I intentionally said 800 the second time. I'd like a two-seater with upright seats. A little space for my dog. Maybe a radio.