Saturday, April 15, 2006

IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT

dr. elsewhere here

Finally, the bitch is back. Again. Seems computers have built-in obsolescence, and mine is on its last legs. Being without my laptop for almost two weeks while traveling, with very limited access to a backup, was certainly weird (more on this soon). Not only was I unable to put together anything of substance to post, but I was almost completely unable to keep up with what’s been happening.

Returned home and trying to catch up on the news, and it appears that, even if I’d been checking in on an hourly basis, there’s just too much confusion; can’t get no relief! And sure can't keep up.

But Joe has been more than patient with my absence, and more than prolific during it, so I’ll just try to sneak in with a couple of quick things today, and hopefully get back up to speed soon.

The first thing I want to share many of you may have already learned, but I’m so excited it’s worth posting just to experience the high truth of it.

Neil Young has a new album coming out, Life in War, and the signature single from it is entitled, “Impeach the President.”

Doncha just love it? The man who wrote the anthem of the 60s war resistance, “Ohio,” manages to be the one with the courage enough to speak truth to power this critical time around. Again.

We need an anthem. We need an anthem real bad.

Read the whole piece; it's wonderfully gritty and human and hopeful.

We need an anthem. We need an anthem real bad.

No comments: