Monday, November 14, 2005

Like father, like son

Today, a reader chided me for my memory lapses -- lapses which seem to target those brain cells which store data about Italy. I was delighted to discover that someone else was having an even worse day.

I received a mailing from someone named Karl W B Schwartz, who says that he is the candidate for the American Patriot Party. The first paragraph:
As I watch the October 28 news conferences regarding the indictment handed down against I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, I am reminded of long ago when his father G. Gordon Libby attempted to fall on the sword to save Richard Nixon, and failed.
Let me add that I'm glad Condi Rice was able to get work in government even though she had that fling with Gary Hart. I like her new look.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

G Gordon Liddy

http://www.liddyshow.us/biography.php

For his role in Watergate, and for refusing steadfastly to implicate others, Mr. Liddy was sentenced to over twenty years in prison. He served nearly five years, many in maximum security, including 106 days of solitary confinement, before his release by President Carter "in the interests of justice".

doubtful this man with a different surname is libbys' dad

Joseph Cannon said...

They aren't related. I was having some fun at Schwarz' expense. By the way, did you know that the first president ever to be impeached was Lyndon Johnson?

Anonymous said...

Schwartz is no dope. It is quite possible he was joking.

Anonymous said...

Donna had a cute little Jordache butt. Condi doesn't.

Bob said...

Then there's John Kerry--why'd he ever leave Nebraska to move to Massachusetts? Or give up the SEALS for swiftboats. However, I did like him in "Ace Ventura," his sister Mariah is hot, and I used to like to listen to his dad announce the Cubs' games.

And Bill Clinton never gets enough credit for building the Erie Canal.