Saturday, November 26, 2005

Fitrakis for Guv?

Bob Fitrakis -- the editor of the Free Press who has sone so much remarkable work exposing Ohio vote fraud -- plans to run for governor of that state. He's a Green.

And I don't know what to think.

On one hand, my realist side counsels against voting for any candidate who has no chance of winning. On the other hand, the idealist in me says that we can't let such presumptions dictate the choice of conscience. On the third hand...look, cah-MON, he really, really doesn't have any chance of winning. On the fourth hand, what non-Republican does have a chance of winning in an election game rigged by Kenny the kapo? Ohio elections have become surrealist exercises anyways. On the fifth hand, Fitrakis will surely discuss the vote fraud issue during the campaign -- AND he'll be well-positioned to mount challenges to the official tally.

Hm. You know, that "fifth hand" position is pretty persuasive. Okay, I'm sold. Fitrakis for Governor!

7 comments:

Peter of Lone Tree said...

I sent a copy of your post to several officers of the Ohio Green Party.

Their home page is
http://www.ohiogreens.org/
and their contact list is
http://www.ohiogreens.org/contactlist.html

The home page for the U.S. Green Party is http://www.gp.org/

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I'm of two minds. 'Vote Dem in '06 or DIE' and 'let's see where this goes.' The edge actually goes to the latter, unless evidence (...I know) surfaces that he really doesn't have a chance in the near future. This is an interesting development, however. I will be very curious to see what happens there.

Anonymous said...

If I may venture off-topic, I recommend Blumenthal's article on Lord Shoggoth, which amongst other things neatly traces the Cheney-Rummy tagteam from the Nixon-Ford period, Team B & the neocon hookup, and what not.

Anonymous said...

I agree that his being a candidate could put him in a position to more effectively challenge election fraud. And I like that idea. However, the Dems have who I think is a pretty strong candidate, Ted Strickland, who is currently a congressman. I'm inclined to vote for him at this point, but I'd also send some money to Fitrakis. Considering the state of my state, i.e., Blackwell, Noe, Ney, Taft and Schmidt, I think Ohio's new state motto should be, "Yes, I'm from Ohio, and, no, I'm not removing this paper bag that's covering my face."

Anonymous said...

"'I think Ohio's new state motto should be, "Yes, I'm from Ohio, and, no, I'm not removing this paper bag that's covering my face.'"

HA HA HA HA HA HA! Thanks. I needed that.

BradF said...

Glad you got to that fifth hand, Joseph. I think that one might be the key ;-)

Add to that there are almost no real Dems left in Ohio...at least worth trusting. Should be fun to watch.

Anonymous said...

In case, You missed it...
Paper Record of Electronic Ballots Is Urged
By Chris L. Jenkins, published on September 1, 2005
RICHMOND -- A group of Northern Virginia residents concerned about past problems with electronic voting machines urged a state panel last week to require localities to use devices that allow voters to see an automatically generated paper record of their selections."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/31/AR2005083100110.html?nav=rss_technology/washtech

"By Dan Balz, published on September 19, 2005
Warning that public confidence in the nation's election system is flagging, a commission headed by former president Jimmy Carter and former secretary of state James A. Baker III today will call for significant changes in how Americans vote. "
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/18/AR2005091801364.html?nav=rss_politics/elections