Saturday, March 19, 2005


Figure 1: If Atrios can show pictures of his cats, I can offer you this picture of my dog. We found her as a stray during a miserable rainstorm a few years ago. We have little idea what her breed might be. (Any suggestions? For a while, I thought she might be a Coton de Tulear...) We named her Belladonna (Bella for short) to make her seem intimidating.

Figure 2: This is an overhead shot of the doghouse I'm building for her. (If you're confused, see here.)
 Posted by Hello

8 comments:

Barry Schwartz said...

More like a Cute'n de Terrier.

This is much better than cat-blogging; thanks!

BTW that doghouse looks just like the neighbor's across the street from me.

Anonymous said...

Joseph - She looks like a sweetie!
I kind of doubt that she'll be spending all her time in the doghouse though. It's obvious that she already has a home :)

Kim in PA

Barry Schwartz said...

You know, I wonder if that doghouse is just like one in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, or someplace like that. That would be interesting if true, no?

Anonymous said...

Dog : may be this helps ->>
www.alexandra-guerra.com/ cantinho/adoptados2.htm

Anonymous said...

I'm no pooch expert, but she looks a dead ringer for my mom-in-law's bichon de frise.

Anonymous said...

I agree, your dog is probably a bichon frise, i.e. curly lap dog and they are fabulous pets!

Joseph Cannon said...

We thought for a while she was a bichon, but when we were able to to do a head-to-head comparison, the fur seemed -- well, different. Bella's fur is not as curly as a bichon's and not as straight as a coton's.

We were hoping she was the latter breed because they live for 20-or-so years.

Of course, we don't care if she's just a mutt. She's worth a million to us. -- JC

Anonymous said...

Bella looks like the stray dog a friend of mine found some years ago. It turned out to be a soft-coated wheaten terrier.