Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Drugs

Perhaps I should inform my readers of my stance on the issue of drugs.

Last night, a molar suddenly decided to announce itself as the central fact of my universe. A sharp inward breath hit a nerve. In that epiphanic moment, I could see heaven, hell and all the eldritch worlds in between.

Within an instant, my drug policy became very libertarian. Legalize everything! What kind of fascist government would prevent the local Rite Aid from making any and all painkillers available on demand?

When I awoke not long ago, the toothache had disappeared as mysteriously as it had appeared. And my views on drug legalization became much more conventional.

So if you ask about my drug policy, the answer will vary depending upon whether that molar has flared up again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joseph, so sorry. I had this once. It turned out the nerve in the tooth got infected and died, whole process took only hours, not days, mercifully. But it still required dental work, tooth being drilled, drained etc. and eventually replaced with a bridge. So trip to dentist is called for here I suspect.