Monday, October 18, 2004

It flipped!

Slate's electoral predictor (see link below) flipped -- just within the past twenty minutes -- giving Kerry the win. Which state changed? I haven't spotted it yet...

Doesn't matter. This is good news, and god knows I needed some. I've been working on various pieces of writing today but, truth to tell, my heart was not in it.

If I were an optimist...and I'm not, but if I were...I'd say it's starting to look as though we have a chance here. Not only that: As a reader reminded me after I had forgotten, Nevada's machines have a paper trail. Much harder to rig.

If you're a Kerry supporter in a hard-red or hard-blue neighboring state -- your course is clear. Go to Vegas! Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party, and Vegas is the place to party heart.

Besides, the grub's cheap, and it's all you can eat. (The locals don't suggest the strip, although I once had some great prime rib at the MGM Grand...) Best thing that can happen: Kerry wins in the electoral college but loses the popular vote. That way, we can finally get the country united against this outdated system.

PS -- I hear the bulge got mentioned on "Meet the Press." How much longer can the GOP laugh this one off?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re: Bulge

Don't get too excited, they laughed it off again. And Tim Russert--the hardened journalist that he is--joined in the giddiness.

http://isbushwired.com/2004/10/bush-campaign-manager-to-press-voters.html