Sunday, October 17, 2004

DOOM!

"I don't consider myself a pessimist. I think of a pessimist as someone who is waiting for it to rain. And I feel soaked to the skin."

-- Leonard Cohen

Some readers have chided me for my defeatist attitude regarding Kerry's poll numbers. Well, I'll try to hide the bleak-n-gloomy side of my personality in the future. Promise.

But...as I noted on the occasion of the first debate, the great advantage to being an eternal pessimist is that all your surprises are happy ones.

We cannot help being who we are (as my candidate tried to explain). Some people wake up every morning expecting to greet a sunny day. I'm one of those people. But I HATE sunny days.

"I guess I just prefer to see the dark side of things. The glass is always half-empty. And cracked. And I just cut my lip on it. And chipped a tooth."

-- Janeane Garofalo

(I should have some interesting stuff up in an hour or two -- so be sure to return on this wonderfully overcast Sunday...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the glass is not only half full ... there's another bottle in the fridge and when I finish that htere's a shop down the road!

The only thing that can stop John Kerry is Democrats staying at home 'cause they think it's not worth voting.

Remember, in this world you only ever get what you ask for!