Friday, June 25, 2004

Dick sticks up for Jesus

I can't help loving the Cheney-says-the-F-word story. In case you haven't heard, Delightful Dick told Senator Leahy "Go fuck yourself." On the floor of the senate, no less.

For the best coverage of a story like this, always turn to Anna Marie Cox, a.k.a. Wonkette. She provides the punch line:

Speaking of sodomy. . . Wonkette operatives tell us that the fighting words sprang from an exchange in which Cheney told Leahy he didn't like what Leahy had been saying about Halliburton, to which Leahy replied that he didn't like Cheney calling him a bad Catholic. So you'd see how "Go fuck yourself" is the only appropriate response.
Dig it: Cheney spat "Go fuck yourself" right after Leahy objected to being called insufficiently pious.

"I'm a Christian soldier
Marching as to war
If you don't love Jeeeee-suss
You're a fucking whore!"

(PS. Many years ago, when Lydia Lunch left a group called Teenage Jesus, I wrote this headline for my school paper: "Jesus Loses Lunch." I never thought I'd be able to top that one. Thank you, Dick, for giving me this opportunity.)

No comments: