Saturday, April 24, 2004

Diebold debunked; fake friendliness

Check out the latest post on Unelectable-Bush, which discusses a recent finding by a California elections advisory panel to avoid all further use of Diebold voting machines. Don't expect our state's Fuehrer to sign off on this one. Still, a hopeful sign.

Scroll further down in that blog for an overdue rant about American customer service gone too far. I too have noticed the obnoxious trend toward store employees trained to make robotically friendly small talk with you the moment they make eye contact. I prefer to remain the Invisible Shopper, lost in a trance of consumer goods, calculating the fine balance between budget and desire. If you see me in this state, don't talk to me unless you know me. And maybe not even then.

No comments: