Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Who is Evelyn Pringle and why is the Progressive Mafia trying to silence her?

Long-time readers know that I've been encouraging everyone to read the work of Evelyn Pringle, the investigative reporter who spent months looking into Obama's ties to the Illinois "Combine" -- a crook's paradise of unscrupulous businessmen and corrupt pols. Pringle previously had received great applause for her work exposing fraud and thievery in Iraq. She once was someone that the progs liked.

But Obama changes everything.

Lefty writers never lacked publication venues when they went after Democrats in the past. Older readers will recall that "progressive" pundits previously expended most of their hatred on Democrats, not Republicans. In the pre-net days, the "Progressive Mafia" (which consisted, in those days, of Cockburn, Vidal, the pre-switch Hitchens and a handful of others) filled many a column railing against Clinton, Dukakis, Mondale, Carter, and so forth. In 2000, Michael Moore and other like-minded dopes demonized Al Gore, thereby forcing us to endure eight years of Dubya. Rags like The Nation and Z Magazine pretty much existed to attack Democrats from the left flank. The New Republic assailed Clinton with such vigor that I started calling it The Newly Republican.

But Obama changes everything.

Obama may not be criticized. No matter how deep his corruption, Obama may not be criticized. The left had no problem with Michael Moore's portrayal of Al Gore as being somewhere to the right of Mussolini -- but anyone who tells the truth about Barack Holy Obama must be a racist.

And so Evelyn Pringle must be silenced.
OpEdNews’ Rob Kall is wondering whether to remove Evelyn Pringle’s articles because she “attacked Obama”. Kall says she did so because she is a Hillary supporter.
Pringle's response:
This is the first I heard of this.

I did not write my articles because I was a Hillary supporter. I wrote my articles because my investigation turned up what it did, even though I was absolutely not looking or expecting what I found. As a journalist and as a human being, I could not not write about what I found just because I am a Democrat!!!

I find it very disturbing that Rob would even consider such an outright censorship of truthful information.

Shortly after I wrote my first article, I put out a commentary of sorts saying that if anyone found one factual statement that was false or incorrect to contact me and show me where it was wrong and I would make a correction.

NOT ONE PERSON contacted with a single example of an untrue or false statement in any of the 11 articles I wrote.

I will be outraged if Rob removes those articles and I will make it known! I spent 2 and a half months of my life, unpaid, 12 and 18 hours a day 7 days a week, investigating the matters I wrote about and if he does something like this to me I will never forgive him.

The articles are up in full on Scoop and several other websites so if he pulls this, their removal from OpEd will stick out like a sore thumb on the internet.
After a further back and forth:
When I found out Obama was as corrupt as any Republican, I was not about to keep my mouth shut just because he was a Democrat. Believe me, I knew what might happen to me if I went public - but that was not reason enough to keep quiet either - at least not when you have a conscience like mine.

The thought of the Illinois political mob running this country is the most disgusting thing I can think of at this point.

Yeah I dislike McCain but I always knew the Republicans were corrupt bastards - Democrats were supposed to be different - well not anymore

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always Joe, another great article. I'm saddened to hear about Evelyn though but considering she did such a great job, there would be expected some or a lot of blowback from the criminal sector. I have my own collection of scares too which is why I have to use Public Libraries to do my internet work. However even there exists a lot of trouble too.

Marty Didier
Northbrook, IL

Anonymous said...

Joe, thanks for standing up. These are crazy, dangerous times, especially scary for those of us who hated Weatherman and their ilk, but fought our own battles against Tricky and his thugs.

You're too young to remember, but DAMN it was fun back in the day, to have your phone tapped so obviously and to be able to mock the idiot Fibbies literally to their faces.

And now? to realize one's own party--the party you were more or less born into, and for whom you've voted reflexively for the last 44 years--is at least as corrupt and thuggish as Those Other Guys?

I keep telling myself I'm too old to care anymore, but it's a damned lie. PUMA gets my blood going as much as ever, if not moreso.

Que viva los PUMAs! Que viva the Rebel Alliance!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Joe, the Que Viva comment was from me, LandOLincoln. I'll get the hang of this one of these days.

Navid said...

"In the pre-net days, the "Progressive Mafia" (which consisted, in those days, of Cockburn, Vidal, the pre-switch Hitchens and a handful of others) filled many a column railing against Clinton, Dukakis, Mondale, Carter, and so forth. In 2000, Michael Moore and other like-minded dopes demonized Al Gore, thereby forcing us to endure eight years of Dubya. Rags like The Nation and Z Magazine pretty much existed to attack Democrats from the left flank."

I don't see what the problem is with any of this. In fact, this was one of the reasons that attracted me to the left in the first place, the willingness to mount legitimate and well-deserved criticism of "our side", the Dems or whoever, in stark contrast to the Repubs and their "no enemies on the right" lockstep conformity. The Nation also had its share of mindless Clinton sycophants in the '90s, mind you. Chief among them being Eric Alterman.

And btw, if you think that progressives are all gung-ho behind Obama you should really check out CounterPunch, Z, Dissident Voice, Progressive Review, etc. I mean, as the saying goes, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

Katherine said...

Hm, just looked at the Counterpunch homepage. They may not be gung-ho, but they've set their targets for McCain, including noting how far the old boy has fallen since the ol' Hanoi Hilton.

In particular, that screed by Ron Jacobs -- more of the same accusations that Palin rallies are KKK get-togethers. I always wonder: how can people like Jacobs pretend to care about the working classes, while brushing large swaths of them as subhuman, knuckle-dragging racists? How does that work, anyhow?

Edgeoforever said...

Of course Obama cannot be criticized, he is the new Raygun - now with more teflon!
http://edgeoforever.wordpress.com/2008/10/16/obama-as-reagan-teflon-makers-try-again/
Glad to read about the stupid attacks from the left on Clinton, Gore.
Now they got a Raygun clone and they love him!

Anonymous said...

Navid wants to lecture Joe on facts but Joe specifically cited The Nation and The New Republic and Navid intentionally avoids those two in terms of Obama. Navid then wants to steer people to the websites of ZMag, CounterPunch et al to prove a point. What point? Joe was talking about the pre-net days meaning what got printed. So ZNet and CounterPunch repost writing from other places every day, look at what their print copies contain.
Evelyn Pringles is being targeted because she won't join in on the
Amy Goodman-Katrina vanden Heuvel-Matthew Rothschild-Larry Bensky-Laura Flanders et al axis.
Joe's point stands.

Anonymous said...

Reality... what a concept!

Corrupt Democrats have no better standing than corrupt Republicans. I abhor corruption wherever it is found. As a registered Democrat, I will vote for Barack Obama. The true candidate of change in this election, the one who actually fights the status quo for the good of all citizens, not just a select group, is Sarah Palin. John McCain is indeed a maverick, and my hope is that some of Sarah Palin's fight will wipe off on John.

As for the Obama/Biden ticket, may they be remembered as the ticket that tried to silence dissent, and by doing so, pulled the wool over the eyes of honest Americans who truly craved and deserved real change. Their change will be nothing but the most convoluted mix of Chicago styled corruption with Democratic rhetoric. Despicable ... I can't wait for their upcoming defeat, and the associated censure of the far left in the Democratic party.

Anonymous said...

Your links to Evelyn Pringle were some of the first pieces that actually looked at Obama's history, and objectively commented upon it. She got me more interested in a fact-finding mission about Obama because I was actually considering campaigning for the guy! It is a sad day that they want to censor her just because she reveals a truth about Obama they don't want us to know. If they let her go, I hope she runs as fast as she can to McCain's door.

I am sick of the stranglehold of the media.

A federal case that is questioning Obama's eligibility for POTUS, and requests mere presentation of a document has completely escaped mainstream media. Now the real point of interest has become...WHY is Obama spending millions on a lawyer to fight the need to show an authentic copy of his birth certificate, even after the Dem, Atty Berg, has said he'll drop the case once he does. Why has this escaped national attention?

FembotsForObama

Jack Ass said...

Between 12 and 13 seconds you can here some one shout out "Kill Him"

Anonymous said...

Good grief. Try test comment with default SeaMonkey browser in "Comments" ("Blogger has changed its commenting system, and people have complained to me that they cannot get through. I'll try to fix the matter.") post with 0 comments showing...

Clicked on preview and got shown a Ev Pringle page (Oct 15, I think!)

So this time we won't try preview :)

Anon profile.

Guess I should try a comment at some other blah.blogspot.com

May do that if this disappears into digital ether.

McGowan