Sunday, October 26, 2008

The funniest pro-Obama site on the net (Added note)

You gotta see it: Truth First. Supposedly, the guy behind this site is a history professor in the Central African Republic. Yes, I think this site is on the level. [Or is it? See added note below.] No, I don't think it's a McCain put-up job -- if it is, the GOP is displaying an uncharacteristic wit. One thing's for certain: This stuff is hilarious.

Sample headline: "White Deception, White Lies, White Tricks." Ashley Todd is not just a nutty youngster -- she's part of a planet-wide CONSPIRACY!

Poll question:
Will Barack Obama be allowed to be President of the United States?
-- Yes, he is too popular and visable
-- No. The white man will never allow it
I love this approach: Gain votes by insulting the voters!

A photo is captioned "PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA." Before the election.

The following text demands to be read aloud, in a huge booming voice:
Very soon Barack Obama will be your new President. This is a reality you cannot alter or escape from. It is fact. It is history. It is justice for the world.

Many of you have seen the light and have accepted the truth. And we thank you for your support and aid in electing Barack Obama.

To those who have rejected the truth you have no reason to fear Barack Obama. He is wise and just and he will follow the principals followed by his African forefathers. Barack Obama is the son of Kings and Queens who started human civilization thousands of years ago. Barack Obama remembers his heritage and his obligations to the Truth, Justice and the Future.

Barack Obama understands what is wrong and what needs to be done. Barack Obama has intelligence and vision that has lasted for over a millennium. Barack Obama was born with the appropriate ways of thinking, speaking, and acting and this will inspire you to be liberated for now there is no shackle which can keep you enslaved.

An African Proverb tell us: “Then command the servant, thusly: Make an Elder's staff causing my son to stand in my place I will instruct him through the speech of the listeners and the counsels of the first of the ancients who listened to the divinities. In so doing troubles will be removed from the people.”

Barck Obama is here now to listen, to instruct and will lead you to your new life.
You know, I don't think this guy really gets in the concept of elections. He seems to think that America should be ruled, rather than governed. He seems to believe in divinely-appointed Kings. And I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he also believes in the concept of re-education camps.

Another post reads thus:
Like Jesus, Obama is a son of Africa who inspires
Betcha didn't know that Galilee was in Africa, didja?

Another headline:
God will damn America if Obama is not elected President
Yes, and the Christmas meteor will destroy your neighborhood if you don't put up any holiday decor. Here's another photo caption:
It is Obama's destiny to rule America
Truth First claims to know Obama personally:
I have helped Senator Obama get in touch with his Africa heritage and as President, he will rule with the wisdom of his African forefathers.
He assures us that Obama will bring about economic justice:
America clearly needs economic justice now more than ever.

Obama is following the Africa principal of UJIMA which is collective work and responsibility.
And that is why Africa is known for the prosperity and justice that America has always lacked.

Of course, Truth First gives credit where credit is due:
Thank you Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan for making Obama's victory possible.
The writer claims to have first met Obama at the Million Man March in 1995. (Did Obama attend?)

In case you ever doubted that black people can be bigots, here we have "The white man's monument to stupidity." Beneath a picture of a neanderthal (all neanderthals were light-complected, it seems), Truth First places this text:
Sometime over a thousand years ago, a white man or white men arrived in Africa. Perhaps he fell into the sea near Europe and clung to a floating log for survival. His simple mind would have been unable to compel him to swim back. His primal instincts and fears told to hang to the log. He hung on for so long that he found himself on an African beach.

And once there he saw for the first time civilized peoples who could speak and write. Who wore clothes and who built magnificent cities and temples that would last for thousands of years. Who practiced medicine and who charted the stars. These civilized Africans were of black skin and today they are still African, where ever they may be.

The white man, slow and unthinking, could not comprehend what they saw. Their fear and uncertainty turned to fear and eventually turned to hate.

The Africans who encountered these white people took pity on them. They fed them, bathe them, gave them shelter and taught them basic language skills and how to use basic tools. And then the Africans returned them to Europe in an African ship and thought no more of these curious and simple white creatures...
The text goes on and on like that. Basically, these white beasts evolved into McCain voters.
Today we see simple and cruel white people who refuse to vote and support Barack Obama; a son of the Kings and Queens of Africa.
Since this comes from a history professor, I am sure that every word can be documented. Strangely, though, Truth First leaves out any reference to the insidious Dr. Yacub.

Truth First claims to be connected with the Obama camapign:
My proudest role in the Obama campaign is that of a liaison representative between Senator Obama and the African Union. The AU will play a key role in reshaping American policy towards Africa in the Obama administration.
The same individual, apparently, keeps a diary on Obama's official website.
There have been many reports of people fainting at rallies for Senator Obama. I have seen this myself on several occasions. For many Americans, Obama represents the first time they have seen or heard an African man speak to them.
"The first time..."?

I think this guy knows as much about American culture as the average American knows about the conjugation of past-tense verbs in Sango.

Added note: Further research suggests that this whole "Truth First" affair may be an elaborate gag. Last May, someone going by the nick left a message on Hugh Hewitt's site. The reference goes to Christopher Hitchens' amusing dissection of Michelle Obama's notorious senior thesis:
It is offensive that a white man...
should be critical of any African woman. It was the white man who raped Africa and stole our knowledge and our people.

http://african-in-america.blogspot.com/

TRUTH FIRST. Obama represents the truth.
Here is the referenced site. The most recent post is dated Septemebr 6:
It has been an interesting, an entertaining, and a laugh-filled journey, but at last it is coming to an end. This is my last post in this blog.
(Of course, the material quoted above appeared after September 6.) Should we take this blog post as an admission of imposture? Frankly, I'm not sure. The author of A-in-A either is Truth First, or he amused himself (for a while) by impersonating the real Truth First, who had earlier made a nuisance of himself in internet realms little-known to yours truly. Right now, I feel as though I walked into this movie mid-way through the seventh reel.

This much I do know: Truth First's diary entries on Obama's site remain proudly visible to the world. Note, for example, this racist post from June:
The power structure in America has always been set up so that a white man would choose another white man to be the Vice President. But Barack Obama has changed that forever.

Sadly, Obama will have to consider choosing a white person for the role. Naturally, this presents a number risks. Is there a white person out there that Obama can trust?
Joke or not, shouldn't a presidential candidate be held accountable for keeping racist material on his website over the course of four months?

The answer: Yes, in the case of McCain; no, in the case of Obama. Why? Because rationalization springs eternal!

(Oh, and before you hasten to inform me: Yes, I am quite aware that the vast, vast majority of black people in Africa don't buy into the racist crap peddled by "Truth First" -- whoever he may be.)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just now went to Obama's website after reading your latest entry.I can't believe that any rational person would allow some of these posts. Of course being rational is not something that goes along with being an Obot. As someone once said: "be afraid be very afraid"

Anonymous said...

If It's so funny, why am I not laughing?

It's bizarre and scary.

Gary McGowan said...

I have posted the following comment at the "TRUTH FIRST" site, and it is /visable posted as I write here.

------

TRUTH FIRST,

What is your name? ... or alternatively, Why are you hiding behind an internet blog name?

I think this is a reasonable question to ask of anyone committed to truth.

--------

Gary McGowan said...

myiq2xu,

I don't see the website as scary. Primarily, I suppose, because it does not seem to have much of a following (but I didn't read much.)

I find American TV and movies (which get spread over most of the planet) bizarre and scary! Would be less disturbing if they had a supporting audience the size of that web sites.

Gary McGowan said...

Profile page at Obama site
suggests truthfirst claims to be in DC. http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/blog/truthfirst

Anonymous said...

"He won't be allowed to win" is spreading in media quotes and blog posts. The latest is this article in which this is just casually said by a supporter. This idea that is being spread is horrifically dangerous. To suggest openly that "won't be allowed" suggests he has already won and will be cheated and that voters should not be permitted to decide the election, all with a healthy dose of messianic suggestion that he is here to save us if only it is "allowed". This inevitability strategy was used also in the primary but this is a somewhat new variation.

This is being put out there for very specific reasons. If he does not win it can be used as a reason to refuse to concede. It may also be a strategy to delegitimize the outcome of the election rendering McCain/Palin powerless. A third possibility is a razor close win in which fraud is still alleged in order to claim a mandate.

I have exaggerated here to some extent to make a point. Manipulating the public, suggesting that a possible majority of the public are thieves and cheaters, and that he has already won by an edict from a higher power is one of the most cynical tactics I have ever seen. Also very dangerous to a democracy.

Bob Harrison said...

I noted that their grammar was off a tad-- I'm sure they intended "Principles" but wrote "Principals," perhaps displaying a Freudian slip. It is quite a hoot, though.

Anonymous said...

Certifiable. This man actually thinks that the Bush administration CAUSED Hurricane Katrina. As in, planned it and directed it toward New Orleans.

Brian H said...

Since Barack is 7/16 descended from Arab slavers of blacks (Luo), he's perfectly suited to rule them, obviously.

The rest of us, not so much.

Joseph Cannon said...

I see by the (unpublished) comments and by the stats that our old friend the Coward from Chicago -- Coward the Ducker, let's call him -- has rejoined us. How're ya doing', Coward, old buddy? How about you and me getting together? I'm not going to bash your teeth in with a pair of vise grips or anything like that. I just want to have a slice of that deep dish Chi-town pie, and I thought maybe you'd want to join me.

C'mon, pal. It's on me.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about the old Robert Frost quote: "A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel."
There's something to this observation, and there are plenty of downsides. But old-fashioned liberals do question themselves. And there's a lot to be said for that. For one, it provides a certain immunity to true-believerism and Kristallnacht.
On the other hand - "Progressives" give us "Truth First".

Joseph Cannon said...

G:

Funny thing. I've been trying to recall the exact wording of that quote for days now, although I had forgotten who said it.

I used to hate liberals for questioning themselves ALL THE DAMN TIME. Now I kind of miss those days.

This is for Gary McGowan:

Enough with the LaRouche stuff, all right? I like you, and I don't want to get mad at you. But enough is enough.

You seem to think that I have insufficient awareness of LaRouche's writings. You're wrong.

I've followed Loony Lyn's career for over thirty years. I've read his books and other scribblings. I watched him on TV during his presidential "campaigns." I even found a remarkable treasure trove of old material from the era when he was a Marxist code-named Lyn Marcus.

I've corresponded with high-profile LaRouchie drop-outs, including Dennis King, author of "Lyndon LaRouche and the New American Fascism." I used to get all sorts of "insider" documents that were passed around among LL's private intelligence apparatus.

I've owned several copies of his stupid Hitler book. I've compared the varying editions of "Dope Inc." (The earlier ones blamed the JFK assassination on Teddy, but that claim is -- if I recall correctly -- no longer in the book.)

Back in the 80s, I read LL's long essay about the menace of Satanism before most of his followers had a chance to see the thing. He charged $100 a copy for it, which I did NOT pay. His bottom line: He thought that "Tristan und Isolde" was a "satanic opera," quote unquote and sweartagod.

I know things most people don't about the time "Gordo" infiltrated the movement.

I've also verbally sparred many times with the LaRouche zombies hanging out on college campuses.

Get the picture? You have nothing -- NOTHING -- to tell me that I have not already heard. I've done my homework. I've done more than enough. It's over -- at least for me. Life is short, and I've already given Lyn too many hours of my attention.

Bottom line: I think the guy is a nutbag, and so do most other people.

Yes, it is true: Every once in a while he starts talking sense, and that's when I start to think: "Maybe Lyn has reversed the usual process and gone sane in his old age." But then he'll write something that reeks of the old wackiness, and all I can do is roll my eyes and walk away.

As I recall, King believed that LaRouche was mad "North by Northwest" -- that is, King thinks that LaRouche is faking it. I cannot agree. Lemme tell ya -- there's no way that any NON-nut could fake that degree of psychosis.

So enough about LL, all right? Don't try to get in the last word -- on this blog, that is MY perogative. Don't try to defend him. Don't write "just one more comment" adding a few extra links. I know what you want to do, what you're planning to do, what you are desperate to do -- it's easy to guess your frame of mind right now -- and all I can say is...just DON'T.

Please.

Let's stay on friendly terms.

Word to the wise.

Gary McGowan said...

Joseph,

O.K.

I respect the fact this is your home, your blog, and I am a guest here.

As I read through your comment, I wasn't in the space you think I was/am. No desire to get in the last word or another link. I swear. I'm writing this just seconds after reading your words. It might have been easy to guess my frame of mind, but that's all it was -- a guess, and it wasn't accurate.

Having said that, I suppose, lest I sound cryptic, or arouse suspicions, I should tell what my frame of mind was and is as I type: disappointed and hurt.

So here we are. Please don't be concerned that I'm plotting or scheming or steaming. Nor I am I trying to get in the last word.

(I almost missed your note. Just dropped by this thread mainly to get the link where I had posted the comments I reported, see if they are still there or if Truth First replied.)

Anonymous said...

Barack Obama has intelligence and vision that has lasted for over a millennium

Wow, I didn't know Obama was over a thousand years old...

...no wonder he can't produce a copy of his birth certificate.

[On the other hand, this would mean he's not a native-born American, and thus is unable to be President. :) ]

SR

[Sergei Rostov]

Anonymous said...

[Anonymous said] Manipulating the public, suggesting that a possible majority of the public are thieves and cheaters, and that he has already won by an edict from a higher power is one of the most cynical tactics I have ever seen.

In the event of an Obama loss, we may even see the resurgence of something like the post-Civil-War South's 'Lost Cause Mythos', in which they lost because they were morally in the right (it is just a test from God, and your reward will be later).

SR

[Sergei Rostov]