Monday, May 19, 2008

FL and MI



I'm a little hesitant to post this video. It's too long, and I've got way too much caffeine in my system right now for this sort of thing. After the half-way mark, it turns into pro-Hillary campaign commerical. You can skip that stuff.

But the first half cleverly explains some little-known facts about the disastrous Michigan and Florida primary situations. My god -- who would have thought that the movement for paper trail elections could be used against Democrats?

Obama's refusal to permit a revote in those two states was, in a sense, comprehensible. Infuriating, yet understandable. But why in hell did Howard Dean embrace that decision? It's as though these two men entered into a suicide pact and decided to take the party with them.

I cannot believe that this is the Dean I once admired. He must go.

Good news: According to one very recent poll, Clinton is closing in on Barack Obama in Oregon. TalkLeft's headline: "Is A Funny Thing Happening On the Way To Obama's Coronation?"

Obama 45
Clinton 41
Undecided 8
Refused 6

I would bet money, if I had money, that the actuals will show a decisive Obama win. Still, at the moment, we can dream.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I would bet money, if I had money, that the actuals will show a decisive Obama win. Still, at the moment, we can dream."

As an Oregonian (Western, not Eastern, and there is a distinction), I'd guess that it'll be closer than "decisive." Sure, there's a lot of talk about Obama here, but being that a lot of that is centered around the various Universities, there might be a good portion of those who support him loudly who really voted in another state. Even around the Universities (I'm a student and work and live near one), there's a good deal of positive talk about Hillary, so it gives me hope.

Kyre

Joseph Cannon said...

I'm grateful for the feedback, Kyre.

John said...

Outstanding video...one of the best I've seen. I especially liked the Groundhog Day clips at the end - how true!

John
SluggoJD