Wednesday, September 23, 2015

No apocalypse so far

I'm really starting to get pissed. How many false apocalypses do I have to put up with in this lifetime? I still recall Comet Kahoutek in 1973. At the time, a number of very scholarly pamphlets showed up at the finer bus stops throughout the greater Los Angeles area -- pamphlets illustrated with cartoon drawings of cities on fire and angels blowing trumpets. These very convincing publications assured us that the comet heralded The End. And did The End happen? No, it did not.

If this sort of thing keeps up, I shall be forced to register a complaint.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The end of the world is sort of like the lottery--somebody else always wins. Bummer.

Anonymous said...

Don't be so fucking impatient. It could happen as late as the 27th.

Gareth said...

I too am weary of all these false apocalypses. How many times do I have to give away my worldly possessions and crawl into a cave? I'm beginning to think this is some sort of scam.

-> said...

http://see_the_truth.webs.com/Watchtower.html
->

jo6pac said...

Thanks for the update and back to splitting wood:(

Gus said...

How can the world end when Donald Trump is leading the Republican pack for the party nomination? Oh, wait.........