Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Good Lord! Jeb's (probably) in it for 2016

Will the horror never cease? Although I did get a kick out of this bit...
There is one person who Bush would have to convince who recently threw cold water on another Bush presidency. Former first lady Barbara Bush, Jeb’s mom, said she hopes he won’t run, even though “Jeb is the best qualified person to run.”

“If we can’t find more than two or three families to run for high office, that’s silly, because there are great governors and great eligible people to run,” Mrs. Bush said. “I refuse to accept that this country isn’t raising other wonderful people.”
Jeb was miffed by these remarks. My spies tell me that Barbara made it up to him by sacrificing a goat to Baal on his behalf. The campaign is off to a good start!

4 comments:

Dojo Rat said...

Aha-haha...

I said that in a thread last week.
The whispers I hear are that everybody- Republicans included will throw money at Hillary to get her in the race. Cruz will dump his Canadian citizenship, he and the rest of the clown car will duke it out.
Some bombshell about Hillary is being saved for the right time and Jeb will step in to rise above the other knuckle-draggers and we will have another Bush.

I'm not happy about it, but that's rumored to be the inside game.

Bob Harrison said...

I have one word: Diebold.

Alessandro Machi said...

Was your Grinch who stole Obama cartoon about Jeb Bush getting the nomination afterwards?

Gus said...

Dojo Rat, I actually read that exact same scenario (minus Hillary, of course) as being how the last Presidential election would play out. Jeb rising above the other candidates. Didn't happen, obviously, so I'm a little skeptical hearing it trotted out once again, but you never know.